Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
folks, have 03 307 hdi turbo and over the last day or so its hard started. turns no probs hear all working but just doesnt seem to fire. might take 6/7 turns of the key and holding the key on doesnt help. when running shes no a prob and after a run when she is warm she starts first turn but slight slugishness is think.

is it the glow plugs or filter and help greatly appreciated

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Would this be the case for both of these when it seems to be startin alor easier when she is warm
First start takes time because it is drawing fuel and air up to the filter, when warm filter has fuel still in it , when cold it fills with air , this of course is one of many things to check and maybe not your cure.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
First start takes time because it is drawing fuel and air up to the filter, when warm filter has fuel still in it , when cold it fills with air , this of course is one of many things to check and maybe not your cure.
lad i took a picture of the engine below. its seems to be a different orientation for the fuel lines as they come out from the filter down the lhs of the engine an they pass down through the front chassis leg.

D

·
0 Posts
Put the car on a diagnostic. Post up any codes. Pay attention to the cranking fuel pressure. Should be up to 280bar.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
got her pluged in after this folks and should up too faults the lambda sesnor and the anti pollution, as the particular filter is now by passed like aloit of people on here i got the lambda replaced and shes away.
mechanic said he called peugeot dealer to check out if there is any implications of removing the filter and they told him that i snot to be done in any shape or form.

is it not my understanding that the whole antipollution system is to do with emissions and does not really have any bearing on the running of the car and not long term implications if removed?

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Two faults ?

Antipollution is the code name for any fault , must have been the sensor , as for not removing the filter, i know a guy who is removing filters on the Mazda6 for main dealers as to replace them are over £1000 , i have just done 30,000 miles in the last 6 months on a 407 with no FAP filter , the dealer you phoned is just covering himself , i would hazard a guess that at the minute about 10% of all makes and models are driving around with them taken out and that number is rising every day , and how are you to know the next car you buy hasn`t had it taken out.:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts