Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been offline for a while afer having some bband issues.. so i have a new problem with the 307.. one that would seem to be getting progressively worse!..
If i have quite a hard lock on ready to make a turn out of a junction i get a cracking/crunching noise...
ive been told this could be cv but want to be sure and see if anyone else has had the same problems..

Thanks again

·
Registered
90 Posts
Check the cv gaitors. If you can see ones knackered, then probably a good indication the cv joint has worn as a result of crap getting into it.

In my experience of fwd cars, noises when moving and turning on full lock are usually the cv joints. Worth checking the ballpoints for play as well I guess.

If its turning on full lock when stationary, then either the pas system or suspension top mount bearings.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey thanks for your reply well recenly mines tunred to be more of a knocking the same as janners problem.. ive checked my pas fluid and it seems to be well topped up although i did just drive it and it was indicating above max level..

Its off to the garage next friday to have a look at its suspension mountings.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I had a word with the mobile mechanic I use, and he reckons he's seen this before, it's the CV joint apparently. Getting it done next week. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts