Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Pug Peeps :)

Can anyone confirm if I have the right wiring for cruise control please? All I know is that there has to be 4 wires somewhere in the passenger side footwell towards the centre. I stuck a torch and a camera up there, and took two snaps. It appears I have one connector with 4 wires, and another with 3.

Please please say it is good news.

Thanks in advance,

Neil

20160505_201844.jpg

20160505_201858.jpg

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
Neither are anything to do with the cruise.

There is a large tubular bar that runs from the pedals to the passenger side. There will be a bracket with a switch. If the switch has four wires then it's the right one, If it only has two wires then there will be a hole and hopefully another unused connector for a second switch.

You need to pull back the carpet like cover underneath the glovebox, lie on your back in the footwell and have a proper look.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you.

I will have a look tomorrow.
I am a bit confused though, as the pictures shown are from underneath the glove box after removing the felt trim.

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
The switch location is close to the centre of the footwell area - not the centre of the car. One of the photos is the side of the heater blower so the photo will have been taken close to the dentre console.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a bad feeling I do not have that. I have had the glove-box out to fit active crossovers, and Ive been up and behind there hiding alarm and component system cabling. I do not recall seeing that. I will have another look though to be sure. I am committed to gardening today.

Thank you for the help thus far. I am looking forward to being able to contribute when I have learned a thing or two, rather than being just a parasitic member.

Neil.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sorry to thread crash....

Peugeot 307 1.6 HDi estate 55 plate

I am looking into doing the same. I have already got my hands on a used cruise control stalk (non speed limiter type) and fitted it to the steering column. My brake switch appears to have 4 wires (picture below).

I am now looking into obtaining the software and cables needed to hook up my laptop and switch it on... Does anyone have experience doing this on a post 2004 307? I have read that the PP2000 software doesn't work well on this model post 2004.

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
PP2000 worked fine with my 2006 307. The brake switch is the correct one. I had to replace the brake switch on both of my 307's as one of the internal switches was faulty and kept stopping cruise control working. They are cheap enough to replace if needed. About a tenner from ECP.

·
Registered
28 Posts
PP2000 worked fine with my 2006 307. The brake switch is the correct one. I had to replace the brake switch on both of my 307's as one of the internal switches was faulty and kept stopping cruise control working. They are cheap enough to replace if needed. About a tenner from ECP.
Thanks storeman :thumb:

Now looking into buying the kit..

Would this do the job?

PP2000 Lexia 3 Diagnostic Interface Scaner Tool Diagbox for Peugeot Citroen UK | eBay

PP2000 Lexia 3 Diagnostic Interface Scaner Tool Diagbox for Peugeot Citroen UK | eBay

·
Registered
60 Posts
I went the same route recently for a 307.
I believe one of the big issues is the firmware in the Lexia 3 hardware.
The software to be honest you can find for free.
Rev C is the firmware that you want, you need it for the later numbers of the diagbox software.
Probably worth asking the seller, I paid a bit more to get all the right alleged things and 307s seem to be the one car that can be a bit finicky.
If you search this forum there's all the info you could need plus more.id ask the seller about firmware and if it works on your car.
If they say yes then you can return it.
It's also important what OS you run it on, they don't all run on anything other than XP or 32 bit windows 7

·
Registered
28 Posts
I went the same route recently for a 307.
I believe one of the big issues is the firmware in the Lexia 3 hardware.
The software to be honest you can find for free.
Rev C is the firmware that you want, you need it for the later numbers of the diagbox software.
Probably worth asking the seller, I paid a bit more to get all the right alleged things and 307s seem to be the one car that can be a bit finicky.
If you search this forum there's all the info you could need plus more.id ask the seller about firmware and if it works on your car.
If they say yes then you can return it.
It's also important what OS you run it on, they don't all run on anything other than XP or 32 bit windows 7
Thanks for that smeacat :thumb: I am running 32 bit windows 7, so hopefully will work..... :angrypc:

With your advice, I found this...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2016-Rev-C-Lexia3-V48-for-Citroen-Peugeot-Diagnostic-PP2000-V25-Diagbox-V7-65-/152055267840?hash=item2367334200:g:NKoAAOSwfl9XBNc3

·
Registered
60 Posts
Looks like it's initial install is different than the one I bought, but hard are wise looks good.
One thing that slowed me a bit, sometimes you need to run the updates by right click and run as administrator.
Caught me when it wouldn't run just by left clicking to run it.
Also note the 'not updating it online' warnings.
I turn off wifi when I run it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Oh and you may not need to update beyond the first in tall to use it on your car. The later updates really just update later cars.
Try it early as it'll save you time

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Is this the right one for C.C.? They go on to a mounting that would hold the brake pedal on left hand drive versions. There are 4 wires.
My fingers are crossed.

Thanks for your time,

Neil

·
Registered
14,256 Posts
yep thats your brake switch wires diesels tend to have the correct one as the ecu also uses the cruise side of brake switch to feed back to ecu to tell it your braking try accelerating and braking and you will see what i mean

1 - 17 of 17 Posts