Peugeot Forums banner

307 Crash Sensors Location

6K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Issei96 
#1 ·
Howdy fellas,
Bought my 307CC with the airbag lights on, thought it would be a simple fix (which still might be but I dont have a laptop with Peugeot Planet to read codes :(
I checked all wiring from the seats and steering wheel airbag, bypassed them with resistors to see if my airbag light would go off and no luck so far. with the airbags disconnected i get the fault airbag message and the light. with them connected or with resistors I get only the light on the cluster but no warning on the display. I am trying to find the passenger airbag now to bypass and see if it turns the light off. if doesnt I'd try the crash sensor but where is it located?! Anyone? :) Thanks guys!

#2 ·
I think you would be far better and probably quicker plugging it in and finding what part of the circuit is causing the issue it might even have crash data stored in the ecu if it has no matter what you do it wont clear anyway.

I dont think there is a crash sensor its built into the airbag ecu you also have another in the boot for the roll hoops.

#5 ·
Although some will not agree with what i am about to say its true you do not NEED planet you need any decent diagnostic device not some micky mouse elm thing though

planet/diagbox
delphi
launch
autel
crap on

ALL will read peugeots problem is most of the above cost more than a clone planet system does some give inaccurate results worst being snap on :)

For your issue you need to know where to look so you need some sort of diagnostic device to lead the way otherwise you are pissing in the wind.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.