Peugeot Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New thread due to ongoing saga with my cars limp mode saga. Now I have a recorded fault saying that there is something wrong with the low speed fan circuit. The high speed works, as I have checked it using the actuator test. Now I have traced and checked every item in these circuits. Traced every wire and con checked them all. Both relays work as does the fan. The only difference is the resistor unit in the low speed circuit. Mine is black plastic and the resistance of the unit is 1ohm. Trawling through the ebay I find that the black ones are 0.8ohm and some sellers state for air con models only! My car has not got aircon! The other on offer is in grey plastic and its resistance is 0.54ohm. I filled out the compatibility chart but I know that is not reliable but a guide. Can anybody clarify, if they have a 1.4hdi, what colour their resistor is and also which models do the grey units fit.
Now I also would like to know if the high reading(o.2ohm more than other black ones) would or could be the cause of the problem? I cannot get to the resistor at this time to clarify the OE fitted as it is in use with another family member!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.