Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, first post and hope someone can help.
Im gonna do the clutch on my 307 hdi 90 2003, its been vibrating on take off and its near end of pedal before it bites and theres a clicking everytime I depress the clutch pedal.
Do I need to remove the subframe to get box out, is there any tricky bits and will mine have a floating flywheel which may be causing the vibration.
Thanks in advance, its a great forum, been looking through it loads of times and only joining now.:lol:

·
5,631 Posts
2.0 90 bhp HDI does not have DMF so no one problem less, do not need to remove subframe just drop near side if you do not want to fully remove box from car.

Always replace input shaft seal/sleeve and thrust bearing, worth changing drive shaft seals on gearbox as easy to damage when removing drive shafts and beg steal or borrow a clutch alignment tool as it can save heartache trying to refit box.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks Windy, i,ll just drop nearside frame then and do all the seals :thumb: Will there be room to get input shaft seal done if i only pull the box back a bit

S

·
0 Posts
Just out of interest what mileage are you on

That's you, me and monty that all have 2003 hdi 90's where the clutch has failed/failing in recent weeks

I smell a conspiracy haha!

I can't see there being enough room for shaft seal/sleeve without removing the box fully either!

·
5,631 Posts
Yes you can get to the seals you can get the box back far enough to change flywheel and tip box up to do sleeve as did both on my 2.0 110 last year (approx. 132K)

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
the box is alot harder to get back in then people think. its so heavy and its hard to get past the sub frame

i used a ratchet strap around the gearbox and had a helper use a bar in the engine bay to take the weight.

i then did all the wiggling and swearing lol

i had to turn the engine over to get the spline in though

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Just out of interest what mileage are you on

That's you, me and monty that all have 2003 hdi 90's where the clutch has failed/failing in recent weeks

I smell a conspiracy haha!

I can't see there being enough room for shaft seal/sleeve without removing the box fully either!
mines a 2001. mine had a luk clutch plate init but the release bearing looked nothing like the new one (maybe release bearing wasnt changed)

have you noticed any juddering on pulloff. my release beaing makes a chirping sound too. have you noticed any of this.

my actual clutch feels great

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to one and all, got all finished tonight and well pleased. Judddering when moving off has gone. Three of the pressure plate fingers were wore through with the release bearing.
Not so nice getting box in again but got their eventually.
132,000 miles Stubbo.
Next prob is finding a whine from the engine. Its still there when engine is ticking over and gets faster and louder when engine is revved.
Anyone any ideas?

S

·
0 Posts
mines a 2001. mine had a luk clutch plate init but the release bearing looked nothing like the new one (maybe release bearing wasnt changed)

have you noticed any juddering on pulloff. my release beaing makes a chirping sound too. have you noticed any of this.

my actual clutch feels great
Yeah i've noticed on the new clutch unless I put on a few extra revs compared to normal I get a judder, however this seems to be getting less as everything beds in!

No chirping from the bearing as of yet though!

Guessing mine was also the lowest failure at 82K!

Good work as well ytre :thumb:

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Yeah i've noticed on the new clutch unless I put on a few extra revs compared to normal I get a judder, however this seems to be getting less as everything beds in!

No chirping from the bearing as of yet though!

Guessing mine was also the lowest failure at 82K!

Good work as well ytre :thumb:
im glad to hear that. the clutch feels fine so it cant be fitted wrong

mine chirps im sure due to the bearing actually holding onto the clutch fork and if you touch the pedal the noise stops

how many miles have you done so far?

S

·
0 Posts
I've put about 400/450 on it since the new clutch went in

One thing I did wonder is if the gearbox mount might be a cause for a bit of extra judder, mine was shot to buggery but because its a hang down mount I didn't bother replacing it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts