Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for anyone searching or wondering about clutch pedal vibrations in the 307

Clutch pedal in start position - No vibration.
Foot resting on clutch pedal - Slight but annoying vibration.
Vibration dampens in mid pedal depression
Vibration goes away when pedal is fully depressed

Chap over road reckons this is common Peugeot behaviour, or at least common to the 307.
Mine is a 307 1.6 HDI and his is a 307 2.0 HDI, furthermore he drives a lot of Peugeots

Does anyone agree or disagree with this information?

As a side note;
It is not often that I rest my foot on the clutch
During normal operation it is hardly noticeable.

rgds

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Its NOT normal but its probably not anything to worry about yet.

It will be 1 of 2 things either the release bearing is getting tired and is worn uneven this is usually made more obvious by a squealing noise.
2 if you have a dual mass flywheel it could be getting tired this usually causes a rattle at switch off.

The cure is the same regardless you should start saving for a new clutch :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its NOT normal but its probably not anything to worry about yet.

It will be 1 of 2 things either the release bearing is getting tired and is worn uneven this is usually made more obvious by a squealing noise.
2 if you have a dual mass flywheel it could be getting tired this usually causes a rattle at switch off.

The cure is the same regardless you should start saving for a new clutch :)
Ok thanks, I do have a rattle when turning off the engine.
I guess I should be looking for a backup vehicle, Because I want to do the work myself. Might be an excuse to get a motorbike again.

I forgot to mention that the chaps 2.0 HDI has the same behavior as mine.

Try to keep your foot off the clutch!! You don't want to encourage trouble.
A good point for anyone reading, in the past I used to ride the clutch all day. With this car I have started dropping it into neutral when stationary even when waiting at junctions. I have also stopped resting my hand on the gear stick.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts