·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Peugeot 307 '56 plate
1.6i Manual petrol
Sport trim
Current mileage: 74,500 miles
Last major service: 58k (Peugeot dealer)
Last minor service: 68k (Peugeot dealer)

YouTube video of noise

It's a squeal noise that comes mostly when releasing the clutch. This occurs both with the engine off, and on and whilst in any gear. It's definitely more noticeable when first starting the car and at low speeds, it's barely noticeable (if at all) when driving. The clutch doesn't slip but it does sometimes feel like the biting point changes depending on what mood it's in.

I suspect the clutch / a component of the clutch is on the way out, any thoughts?

I owned the car since 58k miles and have no evidence of a clutch being changed before.

Many thanks!

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Not very clear sound but possibilities are either dust off the friction plate or the release bearing noisy I would have thought. What is the history of the car as far as ownership i.e. has it had elderly drivers or female as they seem to be the ones who tend to be poor with the clutch controls from what I have heard/seen?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not very clear sound but possibilities are either dust off the friction plate or the release bearing noisy I would have thought. What is the history of the car as far as ownership i.e. has it had elderly drivers or female as they seem to be the ones who tend to be poor with the clutch controls from what I have heard/seen?
There are two previous owners; a lady owner from new until 2013 and then another male owner prior to me. I believe both middle-aged!

Another video if it helps: https://youtu.be/fPSY-zg18sA

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Sounds inside the car to me?

You tried spraying PTFE (must be PTFE!) oil up on the pedal joints and linkages?

As it does it with the car not running i doubt it's release bearing or anything too sinister, assuming its worse on a hot day?

·
Registered
361 Posts
I've recently had the same issue, mine was the clutch master cylinder.

Sods law was once I replaced it, the clutch went afew days later due to extra pressure of the new part.

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts