Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Hope you are all well

This morning the clutch has started to slip whilse over taking. The car has done 108.000 miles. I know its going to need replacing sooner rather than later but how long do you guys think i have left on it (i only ever drive the car gently anyway). Problem i got is car is 52 plate so not worth much so wondering if its worth replacing ... If i end up replacing where is recommended to buy from and for what costs..?

Thanking you all in advance

·
11,766 Posts
I think you're looking about £300.

If you keep driving it there's a danger other parts may fail - forks, thrust bearing, so you need to weigh up whether there's enough life in the rest of the car to warrant the job.

If it helps I did a clutch on an older 307 of mine a couple of years back at around 115K and the car is still going strong at 140k!

·
5,812 Posts
If you do it yourself you can get all parts for about £125-£150 (excluding DMF if fitted) and takes about a day to do with a couple of axle stands and trolley jacks. £300+ at a garage.

I did my 307 2.0 HDI and had to change DMF as well. I was not sure if it was worth doing but i managed to get a secondhand DMF+clutch from a breakers (They had only been fitted to the car they were breaking about 2 months and less than a 1K miles before they drove into the back of an artic and were in as new condition) cost me £80.00 stll perfect 50K later

·
Registered
169 Posts
It's immpossible to say how long it will last, you could go out in it tommorow and it'll pack up or you could drive for weeks. You don't say which engine you have, if it's petrol it's relatively cheap and easy to do. The car's worthless with no clutch so it has to be worth doing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts