Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help my car i have a 51plate 307 2.0hdi 90bhp and has just started to make a clicking noise, when im parked up idling and i push my clutch pedal in a horrible loud clicking noise appears, when i let go of the clutch pedal the noise disappears, could this be a clutch problem or something worse? I need help asap.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Yes, you have a clutch problem.
Either the release bearing on its last legs or the pressure plate diaphragm is about to let go.
Either way the best fix is yo replace the entire clutch assembly with a reputable brand replacement.

Roger.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Yes it sounds like your clutch release bearing is on the the way out.A good test is to gently rest your foot on the clutch when idling,if you can feel sort of vibration under your foot that is a sure sign that the release bearing has had it's day.
If this is the case,don't leave it too long before getting it fixed.I had the same as you about 2 weeks ago,and within a few days it got that bad it was screaming,in the end I couldn't even change gear.So if I were you,I would get it seen to pretty quick before it does a lot more damage.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts