Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to everybody. I´m new at the forum and I would like to ask if anyone could help me.
I´m driving 307 1.4 16v petrol, 65KW. After abot 30-40 mins of driving, engine chokes, rpm failing to 0 and engine turns off. Sometimes, rpm failing and after 2-3 sec it goes fine. No any fault at display. I´ve changed upper oxygen sensor about 6 months ago (check engine light was on), but not the lower sensor. Throttle body is fine. Please if someone had similar problems tell me what could that be. Sorry for my bad english, it´s not my first language

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi,Euzebije

Have you had the fault codes read? just because there is no eml light on there is no codes stored.

When it cuts out does it restart straight away or do you have to wait a few mins? If it takes a few mins, see what outputs your missing, (spark/fuel) or both.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It starts normal, don´t have to wait. So I was at the Peugeot service, my spark plugs were bad so they changed it. Apart from that, diagnostic did not show anything. O2 sensors are Ok, cam sensor Ok. Service guys tell me that probably catalytic converter is full of s..t, by I don´t get it why my display doesn´t show any fault. Anyway, after some time rpm goes down and the stop light (between rpm and km/h) turns on and engine cuts off, but not always, if I´m lucky it awakes after 2-3 seconds and works normally

·
Registered
453 Posts
Just sold one with engine loosing loads of power then picking up again repeating all the time mainly when hot and guy who bought it knowing there was a fault said that he replaced cat and one of the lambda sensors and now running smooth as silk apparently. think he bought 2nd hand)
There were no codes stored on an ODB reader

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just sold one with engine loosing loads of power then picking up again repeating all the time mainly when hot and guy who bought it knowing there was a fault said that he replaced cat and one of the lambda sensors and now running smooth as silk apparently. think he bought 2nd hand)
There were no codes stored on an ODB reader
I´ve heard something about cleaning CAT, bu is that recommended? Or, is it posibble with this engine?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a similar problem with my 307 2.0 16V and the camshaft sensor plug was not making contact. It caused the engine to run very uneven and showed a Depolution fault and Engine management error.

·
Registered
21 Posts
307 rough idle

If your car idles rough and is eratic sometimes warning you about Anti Pollution fault. Start by having somebody check the CO2 sensors then replace them with either Bosch, Denso or NTK plug compatible units. Both CO2 sensors must consistently oscillate and work within its limits for the ECU to make Fuel trims.
The Peugeot ECU does not work within upper or lower limits for its Short and Long term Fuel Trimming and will adjust itself way too rich or lean causing the car to be extremely heavy on fuel or else way under powered running to lean.
A quick diagnostic for faulty CO2 sensors is to unplug both the green (upper) and blue (lower) connectors and see if the car idling steadies out. After a short while you will get an Anti Pollution fault and the trims should be lean.

A cheap ELM327 code reader and the OBD Car Doctor App on an Android phone should confirm whether your CO2 sensors needs replacement.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts