Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello!

I have searched forums to see if anyone else has had some sort of issue with their central locking such as I have and I am unable to find any similarities or answers.

after washing my 307 with snow foam and jet wash I went to unlock my car the next morning for work and the key fob would not unlock the car which was not an issue at the time as I just put the key in the door and central locking worked fine. upon starting the car I had the passenger airbag fault light on which confused me. when I parked the car up at work I tried locking and unlocking the car with the key fob and all worked fine but when I finished work and went to unlock the car....surprise the key fob didn't work again and passenger airbag light was still on.

I had a dying battery on the car and changed that, changed the battery in the key to be on the safe side and put all new fuses in the fuse box which related to the central locking and airbags......and still the problem exists.

the key fob only seems to work when the car has had the key in the ignition, recognition or transponder issues? BSI issue?

going to try and local mechanics to have the fault codes wiped and see if that helps but if anyone else has any other ideas or suggestions please help!

thanks in advance!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Nothing surprises me with the 307.....I can't tell you for sure or promise anything but I believe the area the the keyfob receiver is up by the rear view mirror on these, but I would remove glove box and check BSI and other fuse board connectors to see if you had water ingress.

failing that check the planet map on this forum and have someone plug it in and maybe it just needs clearing, resetting.

Do try a BSI reset procedure...again type in the search bar to see if that helps first
Sorry I can't help much but maybe one or two of the more experienced guys on here will help?

·
Registered
287 Posts
having problems after washing the car seems to point to a water ingress issue. Its known on the 307's that the seal between on the bottom of the windscreen can fail and allow water to seep in.

there was a video i watched showing how to redo the window seel and while the panel was off resealing the cables that enter into the cabin etc.

If you have changed the keyfob battery you might need to reprogram it, as sometimes central locking can stop working from keyfob. its in the owners manual on how to reprogram the key for central locking.

also as mentioned a bsi reset can sometimes fix BSI issues which can happen from changing the car battery (particularly if the bsi was now allowed to go to sleep before disconnecting battery)

Theres a specific shutdown procedure and wake procedure when changing battery or if you need to disconnect

1 - 4 of 4 Posts