Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have reviewed several posts regarding central locking faults but can't quite find one which is similar to mine. With an 03 reg 307, this was left on the front drive locked for 3 weeks amd opened fine when I returned. When I started the car, it was in Economy Mode and the central panel showed all doors and rear hatch were open. Opened / shut all doors (except rear hatch which wouldn't open ). All doors still showed as open. When I try to lock the car (with remote, key in lock or using console lock button), doors lock and then unlock immediately.

Have done BSI reset process twice, sprayed WD40 in all locks - no improvement. Courtesy light does not come on at all (even when I switch it manually) but map reading lights work fine.

Any other reset procedure that anyone can think of, or do I have to take every lock assembly to bits to dry them? Where is the bit which senses door closure?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response, trustme.

Car starts and runs fine; battery voltage is normal - new battery fitted last year. Just before Christmas, had new clutch and battery was disconnected but central locking has been fine.

Passenger footwell is wet - has been since I got the car 2 years ago and I have tried to seal leak with no success.

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Could be a water damaged bsi and just because you changed battery last year that does not mean it is not faulty or alternator could be over voltage I would check the voltage properly

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Slight delay but I've taken the BSI out and there's no sign of water damage. Have reseated all connectors but no change. Car is running fine - only other thing I've noticed is that when indicating right, occasionally after 3 clicks, the indicator stops and the lights come on! 'Wiggling' the indicator stalk seems to cure it, so I just think that it's a dodgy contact.

Checked battery volts, which are 11.9V static / 13.9V with engine running.

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
Usually the doors locking then immediately unlocking indicates the car thinks a door is open. Every post I've ever read regarding this reulted in either a door lock mechanism replacement or a problem with the rear tailgate lock. If memory serves right, the majority of the rear tailgate issues where resolved by spraying with WD40 or similar.

The fact that the display indicates multiple doors open would corroborate and the central locking won't work. Add this to the indicator problem and I would suspect that the comm2000 is faulty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts