Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
You are in the car, open the door and windows drop. You close the door, lock the car etc, but the windows do not go back up. Both passenger and driver.
The only way to put them up is to go inside the car and pull them with the switch. But when you leave the car they drop and stay dropped...

Not sure if this a coincidence but this started after I got alarm system installed (I bough a car without one, just with the imobilizer key).

What could be the problem?

Thanks

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for reply!

isnt there a sequence on the key fob to do this. never heard of it doing it itself
To be clear - sequence to do what? To do so that windows would not get back up ever when you leave closed car? What could be the point? :)

So there is a sequence that I would enter and get it fixed?

In case bsi reset fails.

Regards

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
I believ on a CC the windows need to open a little to allow the door to open and they stay that way until the door is closed when they fully close again. May be an issue with a switch in the locking mechanism telling the car the door is open even when it is closed.

Does the car lock ok using the remote or does it lock then immediately unlock?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I believ on a CC the windows need to open a little to allow the door to open and they stay that way until the door is closed when they fully close again.
Of course.

May be an issue with a switch in the locking mechanism telling the car the door is open even when it is closed.
Does the car lock ok using the remote or does it lock then immediately unlock?
Locks fine, the only issue is that windows do not come back when I close the doors.

Does that switch regulate only one door (meaning there are 2 switches for 2 doors)?

Because both doors are the same, so it could be too much of coincidence that 2 switches went out of order simultaneously. If there is only 1 switch - then possible.

So 1 or 2 switches for both doors ? :)

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
if the ecu thinks a door is open - any door including the boot it will prevent the doors locking. With not having a CC I have no personal experience but if it thinks a door is open then it could also result in the window not raising.

We can only give suggestions based on the information given by you and it's only by making suggestions that we can manage to elicit the information you fail to give. If the doors lock then it's fair to say that the car knows the doors are shut so likely to rule out the locking mechanism switches BUT there was no way of knowing that with the information you initially supplied.

·
Registered
287 Posts
from what i can find out the way these work is a capacitive sensor ont he door handles that tell the car to drop the window when you are opening the door.

Ive found previous threads where water ingress was causing an issue.

Img uessing the car is sensing touch on the door handle despite not being touched by someone

1 - 13 of 13 Posts