Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to the forum but here goes.
My wife bought a 2litre petrol 307cc on a 55 plate a couple of months ago. The roof had been fine until today when she tried to take it down. The boot part lifted and the side panels came out, the roof unlocked itself and moved around half an inch then the screen flashed up roof fault. Fuse was ok, switched engine off and on again several times with trying to take roof up and down but to no avail. We eventually released the hydraulics and took the boot back to the closed position. When she tried again it went part way up and allowed her to take it all the way back down so it is now in the locked down position. What I'm looking for advice on is where I can take it for diagnostics and repair / service where they know what they're doing. We live in Chesterfield in North Derbyshire. Thanks, Kev.

P

·
0 Posts
Hi, I'm new to the forum but here goes.
My wife bought a 2litre petrol 307cc on a 55 plate a couple of months ago. The roof had been fine until today when she tried to take it down. The boot part lifted and the side panels came out, the roof unlocked itself and moved around half an inch then the screen flashed up roof fault. Fuse was ok, switched engine off and on again several times with trying to take roof up and down but to no avail. We eventually released the hydraulics and took the boot back to the closed position. When she tried again it went part way up and allowed her to take it all the way back down so it is now in the locked down position. What I'm looking for advice on is where I can take it for diagnostics and repair / service where they know what they're doing. We live in Chesterfield in North Derbyshire. Thanks, Kev.
Well im over in sheffield if it needs a diagnostic. have you checked all micro switches and stuff?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, thanks for the quick reply, no I haven't, I don't have a clue where they are or what they look like to be honest. Would a diagnostic pick up problems like this?

P

·
0 Posts
Hi, thanks for the quick reply, no I haven't, I don't have a clue where they are or what they look like to be honest. Would a diagnostic pick up problems like this?
most common one is the one in boot where the luggage cover pulls out and hooks onto the plastic rail thing.

Planet can test for faults, however with micro switches if the lever isn't making contact properly it cause stop the roof from working correctly, planet wouldn't be able to pick that up, you'd have to check yourself.

Planet can test all the switches electronically, but its the physical action you need to check as well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi, I had a roof problem with my 307cc, that my dealer was unable to locate or fix it even after 2 weeks with them! (see my previous post). :mad:
I took it to French Diagnostic Services in Telford, Shropshire - a four hour drive from my home in Hastings, East Sussex, but worth the journey! They replaced the oil in the roof pump and it's fine!! Check out their website and feedback - Stuart and Shaun really know their stuff and prices are very reasonable. I'd definitely use them again! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts