Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I am looking to upgrade my speakers i was just wondering how and how easy the door trim is to remove?? how many screws etc and what to look out for??

Cheers Jamie

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi

I wonder if you had any luck getting door trim off, I have a fault with my window mechanism. I've undone all the Torx screws and removed handle screws but still cant get it to budge.

Thanks

dan

·
Registered
3 Posts
Door trim clip

Hi Matt002 and whyohwhydidi
Hoping you can help me just been out to my car and the back side door trim was on the floor one of the clips appears to be broken. Not really sure how its come off I've managed to secure it again but not sure how effective this will be. Do I need to replace the clip it is an end one and if so where can I get this and will it be easy to fit expensive ect. Last thing I want to do is lose the door trim while driving down motorway. Hope you can help.

Thank you :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
If youre having the door cards off to replace the speakers, I would strongly recommend applying some double-sided foam tape where the door card meets the bodywork before replacing it - the 307 has an appalling speaker setup which causes the cards to vibrate horribly.

I applied 3mm thickness foam tape to mine and sound deadening within the doors and this has helped a lot.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks Gibbo are they existing ones easy to get off and replace as one is broken. My car looks awfull without the trim :(

·
Registered
24 Posts
door panel clips

Thanks Gibbo are they existing ones easy to get off and replace as one is broken. My car looks awfull without the trim :(
Hi Natasha

Sorry didn't respond earlier. As already said the clips are easily obtainable and pretty standard for most car door panels. I walked into my local small car parts shop and payed 35p each.

The clips push into a slot (might take a little effort to get them in).

I've tried to add a little drawing.

Danny

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
That's okay thank you for replying. I have just bought some from eBay. Sorry my other concern is removing the existing clips to fit these has one of the rectangular heads has come off but still attached, do I just pull existing ones out or will this misshape the metal, or would I try to snap them off in some way. Sorry if this is really simple not great with cars lol :)

Thank you

·
Registered
24 Posts
That's okay thank you for replying. I have just bought some from eBay. Sorry my other concern is removing the existing clips to fit these has one of the rectangular heads has come off but still attached, do I just pull existing ones out or will this misshape the metal, or would I try to snap them off in some way. Sorry if this is really simple not great with cars lol :)

Thank you
Carefully lever out old ones from the slot they slide into. I used a screwdriver, if you've purchased a few clips then I'd lever the door panel away as breaking the clips won't matter as you have a bag of new ones and this will facilitate fitting new clips as toil be able to see what your doing better. The cover on the door handle also unclips revealing the torx
Screws underneath. dont forget the five or six of the same around the bottom edge and sides of the panel. if you do this youll find things much easier. the surround to the door handle also unclip with gentle prising. i used 1 flat bladed screwdriver and the smaller of the two tools that were included in the owners handbook for manual roof operation.

good luck
danny

1 - 11 of 11 Posts