Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All - newbie here.

My wife's just got a 307 CC 53 plate and wants parking sensors fitted. I noticed the rear bumper has what looks like sensors already fitted but there's no button in the cabin to switch on/off. The car came without a manual so I can't refer to that. Can you kind people please advise of it has reverse parking sensors as standard or am I mistaking these features?

·
Registered
2 Posts
307cc Parking sensors

Hi all,
Does anybody know how to remove the rear bumper from a 2007 307cc?? I am trying to fit parking sensors but can't see where the rear bumber is fixed. Is it possible to just remove the black insert in the bumper where the sensors go?

Many thanks.

·
Registered
481 Posts
On the 307cc you just remove the black plastic trim that contains the 'look-a-like sensors' No need to remove the bumper. Feed the wiring through the air flap on the rear panel , with inner rear boot trim removed.

Need to know if its got any? kneel down and put your hand up behind the 'sensors' , no wires = no sensors.

Ebay £15 sensors and a couple of hours and you have better than OE sensors that fit neatly in the black plastic blanks. Order them in gloss black.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Many thanks

Many thanks 307pugpete. I will have a go today. Any advice on getting the black bit out other than gently prising it out??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Its actually easier to leave it on the bumper as its more stable to drill the blanks out. Then lay on your back to cable tie the wiring / fitting sensors etc

These are spot on , iv'e had at least 8 or so sets now with no faults:

CAR REVERSING REVERSE PARKING 4 SENSOR KIT BUZZER ALARM | eBay
Hi - I've just purchased a set of these and plan to install this weekend - do you know then best way to get the wiring into the car without having to drill a new hole?

Thanks - Dan

·
Registered
481 Posts
Remove rear inner trim with Torx screwdriver.

Either under there or down the side of the bumper is an airvent type flap. Use a piece of flexible metal / tie wrap and tape wires to this and pull through the flap so you don't need to drill holes..

Piece of pees

With rear boot up undo left plastic hinge trim , reverse wire is in that loom , white I think.

Test which on it is and splice in and solder.

There is an earth bolted to the body around there , use that one by attaching a circular electrical fixing.

·
Registered
55 Posts
hi all. Sorry to bump this thread, but I'd appreciate some advice. Bought the kit mentioned, and set aside some time to do the job. Had to come in because, having taken off the two rearmost pieces of trim on my 2006 307cc, I am at a dead loss as to the location of the vent mentioned. I can see no access to the outside at all. Also, when I look underneath the bumper, there is no room for any of the wires to come through once I've drilled the blanks, (leaving the trim holding the blanks in place) just blocks of sound deadening. I appreciate this is more than likely down to my mechanical ineptitude, but I'd appreciate a step by step, if possible. Obviously pictures are good, but a PITA to do, so I'm not expecting them. Any and all advice would be appreciated. The plus point is that at least my hands have thawed out....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Going to install mine this weekend, not sure how I'm going to get power from the reversing light though as that light is in the boot lid of the 307cc, does anyone know which cables I need to hook the power onto in the cluster that comes out of the boot? Otherwise I'm going to have to run a long cable in...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Am I right in thinking the reason why our sensors don't work is because they're 'lookalike' sensors? Haha I've been checking all the fuses and searching loads of forums for trouble shooting!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
"On the 307cc you just remove the black plastic trim that contains the 'look-a-like sensors' No need to remove the bumper"
Pugpete....
Could you tell me how to get this trim off tried pushing, pulling and prying it doesn't seem to want to move, I need to change a parking sensor but can't shift this trim
Could you help please.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts