Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm new her and don't own this car it is a good friends of mine and she is trying to maintain it at the mo without breaking the bank. She has owned it for four years and has had no issues with it at all until last week. The drivers door window is not dropping slightly to allow you to enter or exit the car but it is intermittent as is a fault she has with her Radio which has been going off on it's own and then coming back on when it feels like it ?? I have checked the plugs and all seems fine as are the battery and chassis earths. We are struggling to set the time aswell since we disconnected the Radio as her handbook says you use the Nav button in the centre console but this one doesn't have it ? We tried all the buttons on the radio but to no avail. Any help would be much appreciated

·
Registered
67 Posts
What year please?

Window drop issue could be a faulty door handle sensor. Does it drop when opened from the inside?

Out if interest, has the battery been changed recently?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi I will ask her about the battery. It does the window thing from either handle ? Outside or in

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yes, the window should drop with touching the exterior handles and operating the interior ones.
The window should stay down if the door is opened, rising when closed.
I ask about the battery because the windows and partial drop have to be reset after battery disconnection, it's in the owners manual.
Still need to know the year/model.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a 1.6 petrol and the battery hasn't been changed. I will ask her what year it is. I will try the reset if it's in the manual before I take the door card off this weekend. Still can't set the time or date on it as no Nav knob in the centre console and the manual doesn't say of any other way for her radio ??

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hi everyone, I'm new her and don't own this car it is a good friends of mine and she is trying to maintain it at the mo without breaking the bank. She has owned it for four years and has had no issues with it at all until last week. The drivers door window is not dropping slightly to allow you to enter or exit the car but it is intermittent as is a fault she has with her Radio which has been going off on it's own and then coming back on when it feels like it ?? I have checked the plugs and all seems fine as are the battery and chassis earths. We are struggling to set the time aswell since we disconnected the Radio as her handbook says you use the Nav button in the centre console but this one doesn't have it ? We tried all the buttons on the radio but to no avail. Any help would be much appreciated
Have you done the reset routine

Sit in the car close the door
Put key in ignition on AC position ( just before you start engine so your dash lights up)
Press the lock button for 10 seconds
Turn off ignition
Remove key
Press the unlock button for 10 seconds
Get out the car
Close the door
Lock and then unlock using the key manually
That should reset the window sensor

Worth a try just rember when your in the car before doing any thing your windows must totally closed:thumb:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will try that at the weekend EDD, she is lending my car...I think she will become a Vauxhall covert lol

·
Registered
50 Posts
Regarding door handles

Hi did you solve your issue . I own one of these cars and I have had this issue never did get to the bottom of it as it cleared it self up . It used to happen when we had really bad rain. But not had this fault for around 6 months now

1 - 9 of 9 Posts