Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just travelling down the motorway with cruise control on at 75. The cruise control suddenly turned off and the engine management light came on! It’s a 2.0 petrol engine with auto box. Any ideas? Wondering whether it’s safe to drive back up the motorway home? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
321 Posts
Does it give any reason why the engine management light is on? there should be a reason on your display.
I would suspect that if the engine is running fine and there are no extra warning lights it should be safe to drive but don't quote me.:lol:.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You will need to plug it in to find out why. Are there any other symptoms? Could be anything from a sticking egr to a bad cc switch.

Thanks Slash. I don’t think there are any other symptoms. I will have to get it plugged in!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does it give any reason why the engine management light is on? there should be a reason on your display.

I would suspect that if the engine is running fine and there are no extra warning lights it should be safe to drive but don't quote me.:lol:.

Doesn’t show a reason that I can see. I will have another look. It seems to be running ok so will take a chance back home.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update:

Driven it back home. Engine management light had gone out and cruise control working again! Did notice it used noticeably less fuel on the way home too!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Just breathe a sigh of releif and hope it doesn't happen again.
I have got a similar issue with my power steering. It packed up twice on Friday but has been good all day yesterday. No idea what the problem is, just hoping it doesn't happen again.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I have got a similar issue with my power steering. It packed up twice on Friday but has been good all day yesterday. No idea what the problem is, just hoping it doesn't happen again.

·
Registered
321 Posts

1 - 9 of 9 Posts