Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

At first it started to close (part in the trunk opened and that was it).
On dashboard there was some error, might be "roof mechanism not locked" or something.
Since I was not able to close the roof, I went back and opened it fully again (cabrio mode).

Next day I went to garage and tried to close once again - this time roof did not move at all. And on top of that - no error message in dashboard.
I can hear some sound of something buzzing when I try to close the roof, but that is it.

Where to start looking for issues? Can this be mechanics/hydraulics or electrical?

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
By the way what is the way to reset ECU?

Just in case something messed up and resetting would help.

And might it be fluid level? How to check if there is enough fluid in hydraulics?

And here maybe oil quality be the cause:
FDS changed the oil in the roof pump- seems this is not a service requirement for ANY cc and over time the oil degrades and becomes thick and tar like - ends up causing the pump to struggle to move the roof causing malfunctions and then the pump fails if left!

Seems to be a very common issue too ( they have repaired loads).

Mine is totally fine now - much quieter and smoother in operation - the old oil looked like sticky liquorice! Shame on Peugeot for not making the roof oil replacement a service requirement!!)
Is it easy to check oil quality and change oil by yourself?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts