Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all

New member here. I come here from owning Volvo's and one 406 a few years ago.

My wife would like a 307 convertible, and having a look on Gumtree and eBay there seem to be a mixed bag of prices. I'm probably looking at 2006, and around £1500 for 80,000 miles.

Is this worth it, or will it bring a whole heap of issue for me? She needs a reliable car for work.

I've tried to search for tips on here, but didn't find anything relevant for the cc model.

What do you guys think of that year and mileage? Is it worth looking for another year due to modifications?

Many thanks in advance for any help/guidance you can offer.

Paul

p.s. I'm OK with spanners on the driveway, as we have a Volvo S60 which has given me plenty of challenges.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
The CC is no different to the other 307s in terms of what goes wrong

The roof is generally reliable not much to worry about if used regularly it will work fine
window regulators break in the front.
Taillight lenses fall off and are expensive to replace tap them if they sound loose carefully pull them off and reglue them

1.6 petrol engine is most reliable unit if a bit underpowered 2 litres are pointless as you dont need the power.

2 litre diesel is best diesel but more power than really needed

My choice would be 1.6 petrol mileage irrelevant overall condition much more important

·
Registered
40 Posts
I would echo the above, buy on condition over mileage. The age and mileage of the vehicles you’re looking at should have had the timing belt change, check for evidence it’s been done (56k or 10 years). I always look at all four tyres; are they matching and of good condition?

At that age and mileage the car should have been serviced every 12k or 1 year according to the manual. Check it’s been serviced regularly and according to schedule.

If you’re looking at 2006+ you should get a facelift model which are a lot more reliable. Have a google but the facelift models are easily distinguishable from the early model ?.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks both. These replies give me confidence while I look around. I'm going to look through the forum now for general issues, and auto box issues just in case a decent car comes up with an auto box :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Servicing guide from the manual for regular and ‘Arduous’ conditions, defined as:
- Continuous door to door use
- town use
- Repeated short journey, with engine cold in low temperatures
- hot counties freq over 30> And under -15
- dusty atmosphere
- lubricant or fuel does not conform to recommendations

Brake fluid should be replaced as per additional operations attached

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks again all. It's taken a few months, but I'm off to pick up my (wife's) 2006 307cc this evening. Wish me luck :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts