Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok read lots about the resistor. Its not that because the resistor pack is integral to the motor, being sited on the heat sink. Found that by accident!! However no power to the motor at all so need a circuit diagram of the aircon/blower and which fuse and relay makes it all go. Of course this car is not mine, its my daughter's and Haynes manuals don't include the cc model, and trying to trace the wiring in this 2004 model is a nightmare to say the least. What ever happened to plugs, points, alternator and thats it!!!! So can anybody advise me on where I can get the diagrams from please.

·
6,000 Posts
That not a resistor on the motor it's an electronic speed controller they do fail.

Normally when the pollen filter is not changed and fan has to work harder to suck air in which overheat the controller.

They often fail 100% and the fan is dead or they can sometimes run the fan on start up and then stops after a few seconds.

If you power the motor directly it should run if its ok

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Another thing to watch is when the fan electronic speed controller fails & the fan can then runs flat out it can burn the wiring loom out at the fan relay connector plug.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Windy, I have tested the blower on its own and it runs fine and very quiet too. The problem is that no matter where I put the blower speed on the Air Con control panel there is no power whatsoever to the blower. Hence my feeling of a fuse/relay problem. I am almost resigned to removing the Air Con control panel and then seeing what's going on in there!.

Thanks though for all the advice. And I might just take up the £9.99 option for some pictures!

All this hassle and its not my car! Need to get it sorted for the winter though. She had major problems getting the windscreen defrosted with no blower!!!!

If there are any other options/ideas, please let me know. And by the way, this forum is great!!!

·
6,000 Posts
I would go for speed controller failure it's more common than any other fault with wiring or main climate control module failure.

I would try a new one they are cheap enough on ebay or similar and near impossible to fault find other than by direct replacement.

The climate/AC ecu feeds a variable voltage to the speed controller which then feeds a 12v PCM Voltage to the fan motor to regulate speed. You should find the on the speed controller plug a signal in from ecu, ground and the outputs to fan motor

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts