Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! So I have the dreaded anti pollution fault, code p0410 secondary air intake, and as such I'm now playing chase the eml light.

New sparks, replaced coil pack, tested air pump, replaced air hose, cleaned throttle body, checked map sensor ....

Car surges and pulls like a pig when the eml light is on. Hesitates on acceleration up to 1500 rpm. No power in lower gears on first pull off, needed to ride the clutch into at least second, prone to stalling for sod all reason, fuel take would would hiss when removing the cap and awful jerky gear changes.

Since I have replaced the bits I've mentioned, all the above has been rectified except....

Somewhere between 20 and 40 miles, the car will lurch forward, then pull back. The next set of lights I stop at after that, as soon as it's at idle, eml light on. Same code. Then feels "lumpy" and hesitates until the light is cleared.

Once the fault is cleared, drives like a porsche, for about 20 miles. Light on. Drives like a dog.

Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I have a bit more info on this fault now.

I have noticed today, tried this a few times so this is the cause and the reason it's intermittent I guess, the fault occurs after coasting, and then going dropping revs.

So if I am driving at around 30 mph, hit a bit of a slope and take my foot off the gas, engine brakes a little as it should, then it lurches forward, then pulls back, then the next time the revs drop, bingo. P0410. Everytime. It's driving me crackers. ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Have you checked for any vacuum leaks? Check the engine breather under the coil pack cover to make sure it isn't split.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts