Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, (Peugeot 3077 cc 2.0 130KW 2005 model. 113000 mileage.

I need some advice, i was driving yesterday doing about 60klph when all of a sudden the rev counter and speedometer switched off, STOP light came on as well as the ESP light, all lights for that matter. It's almost as if i switched the ignition off and on again whilst driving.

This happened all the way home, i had to stop, switch ignition off, wait ten seconds then start the car. There is a funny humming sound for the first 3 seconds after start, but all lights stay off until it switches "off" again. This happens at random.

When it switches "off" , the steering goes stiff, radio goes off, lights off, everything goes off, even breaking system. This only lasts for a second though.

Could this be an ECU problem or some type of ignition system problem? The car does not misfire though.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is going in today to a Peugeot dealer, suppose this could be anything. I hope its not ECU related :(

·
11,731 Posts
I had this once on a 306, it was an earth strap that had worn away and giving intermittent contact, and on a 307 it was the brake switch.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They just collected the car, tried to start it. Now it just turns over but doe snot start... the guy said its not getting fuel (he is only a tow truck driver but seems to have these situations a lot)

So lets say the fuel pump died, will the car turn completely off?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just some heads up!

It was a speed sensor, wtf? Anyway anyone with this issue please check your speed sensor.

Cheers :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts