Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

i have read the forum and took advice but still getting an error.

I get the error P0410 anti pollution fault.

I have changed the pump, pipe and check valve.
i have run with cat cleaner and petrol additive and still no joy.

Can anyone else suggest anything else that could be causing the error P0410 error to pop up every now and again.

It's driving me MAD

CHEERS IN ADVANCE....

:O)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Wathman, I am in the same boat as you. Done all the mechanical checks and all is fine. I can only assume that the air ports in the cylinder head are blocked as I made up a fitting and put workshop air into the head via the air pump inlet valve. I removed the upstream O2 sensor and no air was coming out which only leads to one thing and that is the ports are blocked. I will learn to live with the fault coming on every two to three weeks as I am not going to remove the cylinder head to unblock the ports. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
14,272 Posts
Auxiliary air pumps dont blow into the head they are part of the egr circuit what they do is blow air into the exhaust gases to clean up the gas leaving the engine you wont get flow through unless the EGR valve is open.

Some versions of this engine dont even have the pump doubt it really does much good to be honest :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Now the question really is how does the ECU detect the fault?
Is it measuring the resistance of the actuator or motor? In which case it may work but sense the wrong thing at the ECU pins.
Does it measure a sensor elsewhere and by its value determine that what affects it is at fault.
There's only certain things an ECU can measure to flag a failure. If it's failing the pump how does it know,
What does it look at?
I'm not an expert on cars, but it's the same theory for aircraft.
Does the pump run? Does it blow air? And how does the car know it's running?
Knowing that you could fix it and having seen how some people fix aircraft it's how you don't spend hundreds for some one to guess. Sometimes guesses work sometimes not.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Auxiliary air pumps dont blow into the head they are part of the egr circuit what they do is blow air into the exhaust gases to clean up the gas leaving the engine you wont get flow through unless the EGR valve is open.

Some versions of this engine dont even have the pump doubt it really does much good to be honest :)
Sorry to correct you but the air pump does blow into the cylinder head via a pressure operated valve which is then ported to each exhaust port through an orifice which as you mentioned keeps the mixtures in check for cold start ups.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts