Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my name is mick and have recently purchased a silver 307 conv, lovely car except it is running very badly .the symptoms are that it doesnt pick up straight away on say setting off from a standstill.once motoring and driving like you stole it the car revs freely and goes really well,sat on the drive just revving the car it doesnt pick up straight away and bauks when you blip the throttle,ive tried it with the air box dissconnected and still the same... Listening under the bonnet when someone is revving the engine up and down you can hear what i can only describe as a air leak as tho a vaccum hose or the intake manifold has a split or crack?... If anyone can help or has had similar problems id be very gratefull..thanks mick

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the reply. Its the 2l petrol non turbo,i have pm my closest pp member just hoping for a reply..also i think its 140 hp on a 2004

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi, I had similar issues. Is it idling roughly? (rest your hand against the steering wheel and you'll feel the vibration)
This is what I did no guarantees, check plugs for cleanness and correct gap. If gap is too big ignition struggles at low revs/rpm.
Next check air filter (is it clean?)
If you have an electric throttle body remove inlet pipe and clean main air flow butterfly valve with carbon cleaner. (mine was choked up around edges causing it to stick. Wipe clean and spray wd40 on throttle return spring (outside) and valve pivot points.(inside)
Test run and see if that's fixed it.
My 307 2l petrol purred like a cat after I'd done the above with no vibration.

·
Registered
168 Posts
is it popping on start up with white misty smoke, can you smell unburnt fuel, if so could be all of the above and the timing may be out, it also has an extra air booster at the front of the engine these can be quite noisy on startup but quiten down when warmed up, they just help the fuel burn more when cold started i guess.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts