Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere.
307 2.0 16 valve petrol 52 plate.
Before I start trawling the local breakers, can anyone give me the part number for the carbon canister (the one up inside the o/s wing) and advise if the part is common to all petrols - i.e will one off a 1.6 etc fit the 2.0?
Thank you.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thank you.
Part number no longer required. New ones aren't insanely expensive - just over £50 plus the VAT - so I'll likely go with that option.
Consequently now more as a matter of curiosity & that it might be of help to others be interested to hear from anyone who has actually fitted/tried to fit one from a different sized petrol engine - e.g 1.4 into 1.6 or 2.0 - and whether it worked.
For those that don't know what the part is it's this, fits up inside the upper rear of the o/s wing (the liner needs to be removed to see & access it) & is often the source of what is described on the petrol 307s as a puzzling ticking noise from the driver's side which seems to be coming from behind the dashboard. Also a source of a smell of petrol in the car after braking.
Peugeot 307 1.4 8v Carbon Canister with Purge Valve 4170 AK95/1 9510042 8080533 | eBay

ETA.
Answered my own question via Service box. Short answer is 'Yes, dependent on VIN number' as there are more than one part numbered canisters.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts