Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 307 1.4 petrol .

Yesterday I got in the car and to find out for some reason my car won't start at all .

I don't think it's the battery as all the electrics in the car are working . However central locking has now stopped working and the electric windows appear to be functioning but very slowly .

I'm not so sure what it could be I attempted to unplugs the battery and replying it back in hoping it would make some sort of difference which it hasn't . ( sorry I have no clue what I'm doing with cars )

The last time I drove the car was about 5 days before hand and all was working fine .

I have notice I am getting a new error on the little screen saying passenger airbags deactivated .

However My airbags are set to on .

The car is mechanically fine however I have noticed over the last few weeks the coolant is leaking and also have the abs light on .

Any help would be great I just need this working ASAP .

Plz help anyone with abut of advice .

I do have plans on trying to jump start the car just incase it is the battery but I carnt do this until tomorrow .

·
Registered
59 Posts
Try starting the car and watch to see if the interior light dims, if it does, I'd say the battery is down. Is the engine winding over normally or does it sound sluggish?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have just tried what you said I have left the light on and attempted to start the car . When I attempt to start the car the lights just go of however when the keys in the ignition the light work no problem .

When I turn the key to start the car the engine making no noise at all not even the usual noise when the battery is dead

·
Registered
59 Posts
A flat battery on a modern car can put all sorts of fault readings up, we just had a Bentley Continental GT with loads of fault codes, changed both batteries and all back to normal. How old is the battery? Mine gave up last week, but then it is 11 years old :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Sounds like the battery to me also. I would try fully charging it, disconnect it first though unless you have a smart charger.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts