Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone!

Newbie to the forum and to Peugeot!

I've just purchased an 06 307 1.6 Petrol.

I wanted to change the interior lights to LED's for a brighter/ cleaner look and also the same for the number plate bulbs.

My question is, what bulbs do I need to achieve this?

Many thanks in advanced!

·
5,863 Posts
Number Plate lights its easier to change whole units to LED (on mine the holders where on the point of falling apart anyway). They are quite cheap on ebay/Aliexpress etc

·
Registered
599 Posts
I have 307 SW 2003. Apart from dash, aircon central, window switch etc, all lights use W5W T10 leds. Because you have a 2006 car, you're already on CAN, so you should buy CAN ready leds.

Things to consider:

The 307 as diming inside lights. They expect a certain resistance on the bulbs (5W to be precise). Even the brightest W5W led bulbs to touch that :) Perhaps the little can resistor can help, but i doubt.

Result, you get a permanent very dim light on all bulbs. Those actually fade to black after a while. I worked around that by pigging two led strips to act as footwheel lights, and even then, sometimes they stay with the very faint glow.

Tips:

1. Favor side shine leds instead of front shine leds. The domes have reflectors that expect that 360º shine, instead of those front shine lens leds.

The very common W5W should sufice:

This type will have diminished results:

2. Stick to a brand and model. Buy for example 2 and check the result. If you enjoy the shine and specially COLOR, buy some more. Mix-match leds and you are going to get different colors inside the car.

3. 6000k is the maximum kelvin grade i advise. This is already on the faint blueish color. If this is what you intend, stick to rule number 2. and install them. If you don't like the color, specially the cast it produces on the grey interior (if yours is grey) then find 5000k leds. They are rarer, more expensive, but produce a nice pure white color.

Examples:

T10 501 W5W Can-Bus 5000K interior WHITE LED 13-SMD bulbs

2x XENON WHITE 5 SMD 501 T10 W5W CAN BUS ERROR FREE LED SIDELIGHTS 6000k

Notice the 241 resistor on this last model, that's what cancels the can errors.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts