Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe my BSM (under bonnet fuse box) to be faulty, can I replace it with a 2nd hand one and reprogram it with pp2000 does anyone know? Also if I can is the part No. critical or is it just the BSM no. (mine is BSM B4)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2nd opinion

well I did get a 2nd opinion, it was he who suggested the BSM, I thought it was a BSI problem. Problems are wont start, cant see ABS ECU, no wipers, no eletric windows, no roof (CC)

·
Registered
14,581 Posts
Underbonnet BSM is not coded it is just a fancy fusebox/relay block and does cause problems including wipers not stopping and non starting

Before condemning it check the pins in the multiplugs for rot

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Part Numbers

Does anyone know if the part numbers are critical? if so is it the long number or the BSM Bx number or both?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Does anyone know if the part numbers are critical? if so is it the long number or the BSM Bx number or both?[/QUOTE

Hi having the same problem with my car, mines also a bsm b4 did you manage to find out if the long part number was relevant or would any bsm b4 fusebox work, thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does anyone know if the part numbers are critical? if so is it the long number or the BSM Bx number or both?[/QUOTE

Hi having the same problem with my car, mines also a bsm b4 did you manage to find out if the long part number was relevant or would any bsm b4 fusebox work, thanks
I never got to the bottom of this. The main dealer could give me a part number for my car (from VIN) but couldnt tell me how it related to the numbers on the part?? Sorry

·
Registered
14 Posts
I never got to the bottom of this. The main dealer could give me a part number for my car (from VIN) but couldnt tell me how it related to the numbers on the part?? Sorry
oh ok no worries then just wondered as peugeot want £137.53 +vat for the new part but my local peugeot breakers have got one with the same bsm b4 number for £25 so might just take the gamble and try it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts