Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there.

Battery ran flat the other day. However, after recharging it the AA man could not get the car going. The battery was full, it had at least £25's worth of fuel and yet it still would not work.

The Key fob would not work with the car alarm either.
Windows will not function
Ignition will turn on and the car will try to turn over. But will not fire up.

I got the car down to the garage and they say that the BSi module has been wiped clean...and that i will have to buy a new one.

The car now has economy mode active also written on its dash

What i dont understand is how a car can have a dead battery and suddenly be un drivable after a recharge.

Can anyone help me get around this BSi fault. My windows wont even work.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi
I have EXACTLY the same problem which i have posted about here. BSI reset does nothing and i am left with a car that the key fob doesn't work, an alarm that keeps going off and it doesn't start (and in Economy mode) simply because the battery needed a recharge. I think its ridiculous.

I haven't even got mine to the garage yet as the alarm keeps going off and I am really stuck.

Tempted to put a match to it in all honesty. Piece of rubbish. I'll never buy a Peugeot again based on this.

Good luck with yours

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
economy mode - will stay on until you get the car started then it will go ,its not stopping the car starting , check my answer to the_repentants question.

·
Registered
20 Posts
yep thats right indeed. On mine, its the fact my alarm and immobiliser are stuck on from when the battery went flat and then of course the BSI failed when i recharged the battery and its stuck on! Its a real head scratcher this one...

G

·
Ah monkey got in before i could suggest the same!

http://www.bba-reman.com/catalogue/DetailedProduct.aspx?DetailedProduct=412

But this obviously assumes it is the BSI to fault, and not the key/immob/alarm ECU, could get messy and expensive if you try these fixes without a definative answer!

given that the engine turns over and the fob doesnt work (i assume the fob doesnt work for locks either?) then i myself would go down the cheaper route of getting keys reprogrammed to car again

Thats jusy my 2 cents though, i love the cheaper options! :thumb:

·
Registered
20 Posts
No and I might not need to. I had the car picked up today and towed to the Peugeot garage. They are saying the key just needs reprogramming (obviously their own special way and not the simple 10 second job which i tried) and they are confident that will work. However, they have to order the key card as I don't seem to have it but thats only £20. Fingers crossed that will be the end of it!

Thanks anyway for the link. It may well be very useful for the future!

G

·
they stung me for the keycode as well, make sure you get them to write your transpoder code on the invoice otherwise if you ever need recoding again they'll charge you the £20 again!!

(they dont actually give you a card with the code on it! talk about cheaping out a bit!!)

fingers crossed for you boyo!

edit: if you have any questions about the car get them to check while they do your keys, i got them to check some settings on the BSI while they were connected, no extra charge :thumb:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Oh no, bad news. Peugeot just called to say it is the BSI and it needs replacing. The quoted £440. I told them to get stuffed. I guess I will have to send it to that link posted here. I am so annoyed as now I've wasted money towing the car to Peugeot and i am sure they will charge me for something today.

G

·
Ah thats a kick in the teeth there, i'm still struggling to see how a flat battery can cause a corruption of the BSI like that

Surely they should think of these things when designing the systems!?

Definately weigh up all the options before you choose what path to take, also try emailing/calling peugeot HQ and see if you can get some money off for goodwill (Surely if the bsi fails that easily its not fit for purpose?)

Keep us posted though where you are up to, would like to know how this one pans out

And regarding peugeots charge, they will probably try and charge you for todays diagnosis, they'd waive this if you had the repair done at the stealership

·
Registered
20 Posts
Amazingly, the guy at Peugeot said there was a band of BSI units that were dodgy and failed like this and our car falls right into the time bracket this happened. So I said to him "its a manufacturers error" and he said "yes". I said that I shouldn't have to pay for it then and he didn't say anything. i will call Peugeot HQ now and complain as its out of order (literally!)

G

·
Dam right it is, i know they arent the most stable bit of kit but if yours is in a known dodgy batch then it should be done for free, what happens if they fail on a motorway!!? :eek:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Exactly. I called Peugeot HQ and they advised me to speak to the Dealer's managing director to discuss the problem and what the service guy told me. The guy at Peugeot HQ said if he doesn't accept liability, I have to call him back immediately and they will contact the garage on my behalf. He agreed if this is what i was told, then its their problem, not mine.

I am waiting for a call back now from the dealer MD. Fingers crossed...

·
Registered
239 Posts
ill never understand why they aim at the BSI££££ when all it is is an airbag fault,

the BSI is a body control unit and only reports faults and an airbag light generally means a wire connection under the seats isn't secure as already stated,

ask them to refit the old BSI control unit as its clear to me that's not the problem and get a full refund then check all the connections to the seats ( very common fault when people hoover under the seats and catch the plug ),

the BSI has specific fault codes which means they're not checking thing correctly ( the old days hands on job ) now they play games on the laptop to lighten your wallet.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hmm, I have to say, based on other peoples experiences, I tend to agree with Peugeot that the BSI is F$*cked. If you read through my other post on the main part of the 307 forum, you will see it can't possibly be the airbags. I don't care either way as i am going to fight Peugeot on this one and get the repair done for free. I will not pay for a manufacturers fault!

·
Registered
239 Posts
since I don't know your site I don't know the full case so I can only say what I think and since you gave no fault codes its only a guess and a guide,

if your torn to the dealers explanation then that's your travel and expense/judgement I only offer alternatives to the fault so good luck with your claim:thumb:.

·
Registered
239 Posts
got it mixed up with another posting:eek: ( im sure I saw bags some where ) please except my appols and ill get on doing the garden cough.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts