Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a little question to ask

I have read that when replacing ecu and bsi the numbers have to match the one on the car currently

I have found ecu set the ecu numbers are the same
But I am struggling to find one with the same bsi number
Do the bsi and ecu number have to be exactly the same as whats in the car currently or just ecu.

Thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi

The issue I have is that I bought a second hand bsi and ecu kit the issues I have is that the stop light is continuously flashing and where it should show the mileague it is blank with dash marks and the side light. is on permanent when its on the off position so I rang a local peugeot garage they advised me that the bsi ecu parts have to be identical to the one removed from the car thanka

D

·
0 Posts
Most of the bsi's are the same only the software and configurations are different. Was the one you bought from the same year and general spec as your own car?
Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi

My ecu ends with 81 that was 779 mine is a d turbo he said the one I purchased was d turbo but I can't be sure as I never seen the car it came of.

Any way to chabge the software to make it same and mileague show up thanks

D

·
0 Posts
If this is the engine ecu you are talking about you are stuck now as its matched to the bsi you got. You can't swop and change.
All software updates is dealer only. Configuration can be done by someone with Diagbox or Planet alright if they copy it out of your original bsi.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi

Hi yes it was the engine ecu number I was talking about I have returned that ecu as I had a 14day returns on it I have found another ecu kit this time the ecu number are exact same as mine but the bsi number are different what do you reckon ?

D

·
0 Posts
That won't work. The engine ecu and bsi can't be matched together from two different cars. You need to get them as a pair.

Or maybe i misunderstand. Did you get another pair?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi

Hi yes I have sourced another ecu and bsi on ebay locally it is a pair removed from a damaged car they say. The engine ecu number are exact to mine just the bsi number do not match up.

Just to add my car is currently still running
Just I had windscreen replaced and water leaked in to the bsi leak has now been sorted. What I have is no communication with airbag ecu and passenger side airbag deployed also central locking only work once doors have been opened manually.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts