Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys , im working on a 307 1.6 petrol 2007 and the bsi is fried and i mean fried its all melted , along with sections of the loom !
as far as i can make out the bsi carrier has rubbed on the wires behind it and caused the short , i have found a donor car with same engine doors etc which is good , my question is do i need the ignition barrel along with the keys ,bsi ,ecu, underbonnet fuse board and chassis number ?

cheers

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
hi guys , im working on a 307 1.6 petrol 2007 and the bsi is fried and i mean fried its all melted , along with sections of the loom !
as far as i can make out the bsi carrier has rubbed on the wires behind it and caused the short , i have found a donor car with same engine doors etc which is good , my question is do i need the ignition barrel along with the keys ,bsi ,ecu, underbonnet fuse board and chassis number ?

cheers
all you need is the bsi. ecu, and key heads you can put your blade in the key head and the fusebox under the bonnet is not coded in to that does not matter unless damaged

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for that , much appreciated , key barrel has a shear bolt on the bottom by the looks of it and no room to get at the thing , mind you its not supposed tom be easy to remove ....

·
Registered
14,541 Posts
The bolt is easy enough to remove you can either use a good set of pliers on its edge or chap it round with a small chisel once it starts turning it is loose and can turn with your fingers but as said above there is no need just swap the blade.

·
Registered
5 Posts
ignition barrell transponder

u will require the ignition barrel transponder from donor to fit ur exsisting ignition barrel easy fit, it just clips on and off using 2 plastic lugs either side.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts