Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!

I'd like to fit another BSI to my 2005 facelift 307. That second BSI is from somewhat newer facelift 307, year 2006. I don't have the VIN number of the donor car, so I can't check the compatibility in the Service Box.
All I have are the information (part numbers) found on the BSI stickers, and I do know that both BSIs are identical from the outside (housing, connectors...).

Below are the part numbers found on both BSIs and as you can see there are some differences in these numbers.

Could somebody please explain the meaning of each of these numbers, and does differences in some of them suggest that these two BSIs are incompatible?

I'd copy my original 95128 BSI EEPROM to that second BSI, so basically the question is do these two BSIs maybe have some other important differences, e.g. in hardware... or maybe different firmwares which in that case could mean that my original 95128 dump is not fully compatible with the data contents/arrangement found in the 95128 of that second BSI...?

Thanks in advance!

BSI part numbers from my 2005 facelift 307:
BSI 2004 H05 - 01270605
BOOT 21676031-5B V02-00
HARD 28113346-8A

BSI part numbers from the 2006 facelift 307:
BSI 2004 H02 - 01211205
BOOT 21676031-5B V02-00
HARD 28117431-0A

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Hi guys!

I'd like to fit another BSI to my 2005 facelift 307. That second BSI is from somewhat newer facelift 307, year 2006. I don't have the VIN number of the donor car, so I can't check the compatibility in the Service Box.
All I have are the information (part numbers) found on the BSI stickers, and I do know that both BSIs are identical from the outside (housing, connectors...).

Below are the part numbers found on both BSIs and as you can see there are some differences in these numbers.

Could somebody please explain the meaning of each of these numbers, and does differences in some of them suggest that these two BSIs are incompatible?

I'd copy my original 95128 BSI EEPROM to that second BSI, so basically the question is do these two BSIs maybe have some other important differences, e.g. in hardware... or maybe different firmwares which in that case could mean that my original 95128 dump is not fully compatible with the data contents/arrangement found in the 95128 of that second BSI...?

Thanks in advance!

BSI part numbers from my 2005 facelift 307:
BSI 2004 H05 - 01270605
BOOT 21676031-5B V02-00
HARD 28113346-8A

BSI part numbers from the 2006 facelift 307:
BSI 2004 H02 - 01211205
BOOT 21676031-5B V02-00
HARD 28117431-0A
unless you are swapping bsi and ecu then you need a brand new bsi as the bsi and ecu are paired together and only new ones can be programed to be paired

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
unless you are swapping bsi and ecu then you need a brand new bsi as the bsi and ecu are paired together and only new ones can be programed to be paired

The BSI to ECU "pairing" info is stored inside the BSI EEPROM chip, which I'd copy from my old BSI to the new BSI. Thus the pairing issue would be taken care of, among all other things.
BTW, are you sure you can't pair ECU to some used BSI, using DiagBox or PP2000??? I do know that the key fobs can be paired only once, but pairing an ECU to a BSI should be an easy thing to do if you know the PIN for that particular BSI...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you dave I don't think this guy listens but let him waste his money
Thanks guys for your responses. I am listening what you' saying, but so far I haven't heard any explanation why is such thing impossible, assuming that I'd clone my my original EEPROM to that new BSI?
I'm not saying you're wrong but I'd appreciate if you could explain it. If it's really impossible I'd like to fully understand why.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Thanks guys for your responses. I am listening what you' saying, but so far I haven't heard any explanation why is such thing impossible, assuming that I'd clone my my original EEPROM to that new BSI?
I'm not saying you're wrong but I'd appreciate if you could explain it. If it's really impossible I'd like to fully understand why.
if your lifting the chip reading it and copying it to the chip on the new one then yes it could work

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if your lifting the chip reading it and copying it to the chip on the new one then yes it could work
OK, that's what I had in mind in the first place. Now the initial question still remains: are those differences in part numbers something that would/could cause some other problems?

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
OK, that's what I had in mind in the first place. Now the initial question still remains: are those differences in part numbers something that would/could cause some other problems?
not got a clue altho I do have a soldering rework station and an expensive ic programmer I don't bother with anything like that anymore

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
not got a clue altho I do have a soldering rework station and an expensive ic programmer I don't bother with anything like that anymore
Yep, this is something you cannot be sure of until you try it and see if it works. Thanks for the info though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts