Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all hope someone can help recently got a 307 off a family member who couldn't afford to put it through mot when driving it home i had a a.b.s fault straight away from start up.

since then i have installed new:

clutch drive-shafts(second hand) drop links lower ball joints track rod ends front discs and pads rear pads and changed the wheels over as the old ones were extreamly low

after all this started the car and same as before got the a.b.s fault drove it just to end of road and got the warning !! STOP !! BRAKING FAULT does anyone have any ideas what can be or is anyone near sg19 gamlingay that has peugeot planet that can diagnose for me? (would pay of coarse)

thanks in advance

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

will give that a go tommorow when hopefully the rain stops will that bring up the braking fault stop light as well ?

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
yes it will. depends how bad it is. mine only showed abs fault. but changed to flashing stop on the dash.

make sure when you take the wheels off you soak the bolts holding on the rear calipers and bolts to take the whole hub off. its easier to get behind the sensor. and to clean the magnet on the back of the hub.

the bolts are too long and rust so there a pain to get out

·
5,891 Posts
I have found you do not need to remove disc's you can get to rear sensor allen bolt through hole in disk face. I have done both of my sensors this way. Removed sensor cleaned backplate and then put a bead of glue from hot glue gun on front back edge of sensor, cleaned back of bearing with cloth and refitted and tweaked to get about 1mm gap from sensor to bearing face (looking down behind disk) and 100% working:)

·
Registered
402 Posts
It is possible to clean the abs sensor mounting surface without removing anything but the wheel and sensor. Sensor bolt can be unscrewed through a wheel bolt hole

Holt

Windy: you were posting while i was typing, i see we agree

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

still havent had chance to get out there and clean up yet how did you adjust the gap did you use washers or something ? cheers for the help

with the engine running if i disconnect a sensor should it bring up error because on one side (drivers side) as soon as disconnected comes up with braking fault with both front and rear but on passengers side nothing :confused::confused:

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
if there disconnected it will throw up the faults more

people have used washers. i managed to take the hub off and clean behind the sensor. i used a chisel and a hammer. it didnt look rusty until i kept chipping away

you will know if its ok. it will fit flush and will be perfectally inline with the wheel hub

·
5,891 Posts
I just used a blob of glue from hot glue gun on the back of the sensor on the point closest to the bearing this causes the sensor to swing foward slightly when tightened a friend did his buy cutting up a plastic card (shell fuel club card in his case) to make a little spacer to go behind sensor

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

hi all been out today and cleaned them all up got a lot off the rear ones then tested the gaps with feeler gauges there all between 1 and 2 mm started her up still no joy abs fault from startup and braking fault after about 400m looks like im going to have to go diagnostic route. :( i can feel my wallet getting lighter already

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
did you get all the rust off the hub and behind the sensor. dont forget it reads the inner part of the hub.

when i did mine and started up straight away it showed abs fault. once i moved off it went off.

mine was pulsating when braking really bad. i could tell it was fixed straight away

·
11,790 Posts
When I did mine it took a couple of attempts. I first used a wire brush but progressed to a metal file.

And clean up all the parts and check the sensors and wiring for damage.

·
Registered
16 Posts

hi im not mechanically minded at all and only have one hand that works the other was is without boring you about as knackered as my abs sensor
are there any garages or anyone who wants to do my sensor brakes are juddery and light comes on ill pay of course

1 - 17 of 17 Posts