Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me, I am replacing the discs and pads all round on my 307 hdi 2.0, fronts no bother but i need to buy a rewind tool for the rears.... can anyone tell me do i need both a left and a right hand thread or which one do i need? does the Laser universal part work? thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All sorted, I couldnt bring myself to part with nearly £40 at Halfords, so i went to my local motor factors and paid £20 for the same part! worked okay but I did apply a liberal squirt of wd40 on the rubber part of the caliper because the action of turning was dragging the rubber and i really didnt want to have to get the caliper refurb'd. I only have a limited tool kit and the only job I couldnt do myself was to undo the caliper mount bolts which you have to remove to get the disc off, I just called at my local fast fit and asked them to crack them for me(they are loctited at the factory) easy after that, but my disc's were the separate bearing type so i suppose that was my good luck. on another point i used the horn fix yesterday, had the car 5 years and the only time the horn has worked is for the mot every year... works great now. Thanks

S

·
0 Posts
Glad to hear it worked, think next weekend i'm gonna do mine, luckily mine are separate bearing type as well! :)

·
Super Moderator
1,748 Posts
I do mine with a 'G' clamp and the spanner for changing grinder blades!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts