Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone please help me, I have a 307 2.0 hdi with its brake lights on permanently. I've been told by a mechanic ( not Pug) that it could be a switch located above the brake pedal. He also said that to replace it can be a major job, removal of part of the dash etc. Can anyone please enlighten me as to how much of a job it is and what's involved.

D

·
0 Posts
You'd have a brake switch out of a 307 in a few minutes. Its shot. Id say get another garage.

·
11,780 Posts
There is a brake switch that can cause this.

Its not above the brake pedal. Its on the passenger side.

It can be reached in seconds. Either go from underneath and the passenger footwell after removing that little piece of carpeted trim, or lift out the recessed floor of the glove box.

Part is around a fiver from Euro Car Parts, or around £20 from the dealer. But only the dealer part comes with the additional wiring loom fix.

P

·
0 Posts
Brilliant responses above. Just wanted to add how easy it is to do. Gotta love these cheeky garages, taking dash out indeed :rolleyes:

·
11,780 Posts
Makes you wonder if he'd have said he'd took out the dash (and charged the labour) to change the switch for the OP if he was tasked to do the job.

And it just shows how clueless mechanics are. Fair enough, they do have to be a "jack of all marques", but they shouldn't give incorrect advice if they don't know.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Makes you wonder if he'd have said he'd took out the dash (and charged the labour) to change the switch for the OP if he was tasked to do the job.

And it just shows how clueless mechanics are. Fair enough, they do have to be a "jack of all marques", but they shouldn't give incorrect advice if they don't know.
Thank you all for your responses, I will seek another garage's advice and will be in a better position now to counter advice if they 'try it on'. I will let you know the outcome in due course. Cheers

C

·
0 Posts
Wingers

See Below

Brake Light Switch for Peugeot 307 00-08 | eBay

I had to do one on my 407 its literally get into the passenger side foot well, unplug the wire, twist out the switch, make sure plunger length is the correct length on the new one, twist it into place, connect plug stand back lights going on and off while the wife presses the peddle :thumb: I suppose you could take the dash out if you wanted but that would be like going to the north pole to get some ice cubes :eek:

C

·
0 Posts
Look under dash on drivers side there is a large bar that will run over to the passenger side foot well from the brake pedal where it stops the brake light switch will be there :thumb:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts