Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

had a squeaking noise on my 2002 307 1.4hdi and was told that i need i new handbrake cable driver side rear because the caliper is not releasing tidy and causing it to squeak. Just had it done and my mate now thinks the caliper is f***ed and need it replaced,which e cud be right because the squeak is still there. Any idea anyone the cost of these because im sure u can put your old one in for a part refund?
Car doing my head in now because everything seems to be going at the same time lol. Time belt next week,back brakes,tyres,oil change lol

Cheers all
:confused: :confused:

G

·
The caliper piston will now require winding in (you'll need a proper tool or you risk injury and/or damage), and once done and the handbrake reapplied with the new cable settings it should, with any luck, cure the problem.

That said, if it's been like it for very long the pads on that side will now be glazed and will still squeak, so while you're resetting the piston fit either new pads or properly dress the surface of the old ones.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply and gonna get a new set of pads for the back which will be best i think. Just finding it hard to get a decent price for a caliper, because i dnt wan pay loads for one. Will keep you updated and thanks again:thumb:

·
Registered
184 Posts
chopper1192 said:
The caliper piston will now require winding in (you'll need a proper tool or you risk injury and/or damage
Chicken!!!! Never once used a tool, I'm a proper cheap skate. I have hurt myself doing it though, lol so the risk injury part rings true. Only a scratch tho :p

I find the best tools to be breakers bars or wheel nut spanners

1 - 4 of 4 Posts