Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

Re: 2003 307sw

I know this has probably been posted a few times before and I've read lots on this issue, but I'm struggling with a bleeding problem.

I had to change the NSR flexi hose and took the old one off. I didn't have clamp to stop the fluid from draining out overnight and lost all the fluid into a bucket. Now I've replaced the hose and can't for the life of me manage to bleed the system.

I don't have planet, but do have the delphi DS150e diagnostic software that shows all the various aspects on the brake system and more. (see photo).

So my questions are;

1: Should the engine be running when bleeding
2: Looking at the photo, should the ABS pump be running when bleeding
3: If the ABS pump and engine are running, do I run through the delphi options one at a time?
4: Do I need to have all the bleed nipples open and run the delphi options?

I also have a gunson pressure kit, but no matter what I try, I can't get any pedal after bleeding.

Sorry for the confusion in the questions, but I can't find a definitive answer to my problems?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
i have never used software to bleed abs except on my 307 the procedure was complicated and it didnt seem to work that well

how is the pedal when bleeding. mine was difficult so i found it easier to bleed with the car on

you need to bleed in sequence but never have them all open at the same time

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
I bled the brakes the conventional way after replacing the old fluid but still had very spongy brakes. Bled the brakes again but not much improvemant. I then bought a cheapish pressure bleeding system which gets the pressure from the spare wheel (I used the near side road wheel instead) and the brakes were spot on the first attempt. Others prefer a vacuum bleeding system which sucks the fluid but it's a little harder to provide a suitable vacuum then it is to provide the pressure from a wheel.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have never used software to bleed abs except on my 307 the procedure was complicated and it didnt seem to work that well

how is the pedal when bleeding. mine was difficult so i found it easier to bleed with the car on

you need to bleed in sequence but never have them all open at the same time
What is the sequence? I've always done furthest from the master cylinder and worked forward.
J.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bled the brakes the conventional way after replacing the old fluid but still had very spongy brakes. Bled the brakes again but not much improvemant. I then bought a cheapish pressure bleeding system which gets the pressure from the spare wheel (I used the near side road wheel instead) and the brakes were spot on the first attempt. Others prefer a vacuum bleeding system which sucks the fluid but it's a little harder to provide a suitable vacuum then it is to provide the pressure from a wheel.
I agree, more pressure from the wheel would seem to work better.

But the question still remains; what do I do with the software?

J.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If there is anybody out there that uses planet to bleed brakes, maybe they could give me a heads up on how they do it. It is one click and off it goes, or do they have to go through a multitude of clicks to do the job.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts