Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about what i could put in to the spare button holes near my lock button i had an idea

A boot release button....

I assume its just a matter of finding the connections for the boot micro switch and tapping into these, although would that mean me running a cable from boot to dash?

Anyone done this before? would come in handy for when my boot switch inevitably packs in, as i have a sub and other things in my boot it would be a nightmare to get to the manual release!!

Answers on a postcard please :p

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
All Peugeot boot locks can be opened with a small screwdriver from inside if you fold down seats. No fear at all!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Thinking about what i could put in to the spare button holes near my lock button i had an idea

A boot release button....

I assume its just a matter of finding the connections for the boot micro switch and tapping into these, although would that mean me running a cable from boot to dash?

Anyone done this before? would come in handy for when my boot switch inevitably packs in, as i have a sub and other things in my boot it would be a nightmare to get to the manual release!!

Answers on a postcard please :p

fab idea!! am sure it would be easy to run 2 small wires to the dash took me 10mins to run 2 sets of RCAs down the side of the car. tho ive 3 buttons on my dash and the 4th button is blank how would you find out what the 4th button part number to order it?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just a quickie.. I've only got lock and hazards functional buttons, I have two others which are blank but they're still plugged in to something, what are they? The far right one is completely blank like..

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just a quickie.. I've only got lock and hazards functional buttons, I have two others which are blank but they're still plugged in to something, what are they? The far right one is completely blank like..
Probably just a standard loom fitted that includes connectors for all available options??

The only bugger i can see with this is that the micro switch you'd need to tap into is on the boot lid itself isnt it, so running the wires either inside the waterproofing or in a way that they dont get pinched might be tricky!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats already on my plan list for one of the other spare holes daf, thats the easy one cos i'll only need to run the remote wire to it, just need to find the buttons!!

·
Registered
873 Posts
I will prob end up doing it myself. You could take it to one of those custom signs shop and get icons on the plastic buttons aswell.

I'd like to completely remove the boot handle, get it filled and sprayed over, have the interior button to release boot and get one that uses central locking. Think they sell them on ebay.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That idea sounds cool daffy! Probably a lot more reliable than keeping the boot switch. Mine's going dodgy now like :(

·
Registered
873 Posts
For some reason it seems odd having the boot release button on the centre dash. You could easily incorporate it in your drivers door card just on the electric window switch. Use a hole saw and buy a little button or even a toggle switch, anything really....

·
Registered
873 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts