Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

2 weeks ago I purchased a 307 HDI 55 reg. It will be 3 years in Jan so I'm trying to get this problem fixed under warranty but not getting anywhere at the moment.

90% of the time when the car is unlocked or the door are opened or closed the boot will pop itself unlocked. It also does it when the car trys to auto lock itself while I drive off!! The car has been at my local peugeot approved garage for 6 days and they have been unable to resolve the problem. They have replaced the catch and mechanism but this hasn't worked.

Has anyone else had a similar problem? if so what was the cause and how was it resolved? Peugeot reckon that they've never seen anything like this before but I can not believe it!! I feel that its to do with the electrics but they say that the car has been fine every time they have unlocked it or driven it!!

I also had a problem where i closed the boot and it kept popping opening straight away, the only way it would stay shut is if i opened it right up and closed it!

Thanks

Kerrie

·
Registered
256 Posts
Try adjusting the rubber seals around the boot hatch firstly. They are rubber or plastic closers, maybe check that they are positioned correctly.

From my expert point of view I have not seen or heard of a competent peugeot service centre.... Full stop!!!!:nono: :nono: :nono:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Check the gas struts, you mention about opened fully then it closes etc, sounds definately like a catch problem not electronic to me. Has the car been involved in a rear end accident of some sorts, that's a question I would ask first?:confused: :thumb:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
turns out there was a problem with the micro switch. I had 2 send the car to a different garage and they found the problem about a few hours of the car being there!!

They are an independant garage but are approved by peugeot to do warrantee work - finally that bits resolved. YAH

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have exactly the same problem as you had!
However, what do you mean with "micro switch"?

It is not an urgent problem, but, it is extremely annoying to double check the boot every time I use the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts