Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Got a problem with my 307's boot lock which as I've seen from other posts is a common problem it seems.

When I unlock my car using the key the boot will open as well. When it opens I can't lock it unless I do one of two things:

• Manually push the boot down into the lock
  • Leave the boot lid where it is against the switch (which seems to fool the sensor), lock the car using the fob and then shut the boot afterwards
The boot will stay shut using one of these two methods until I either unlock the car again or open one of the doors.

Are there any solutions to this problem?

Cheers,

KugarWeb

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm, that would match the fact that the boot open button seems to be quite flat (i.e. doesn't press in at all) and literally touching my fingers against it opens the boot after it's shut (using the manual method I mentioned above).

Will take a look tonight - do I need any special tools to get into it to clean?

·
Registered
126 Posts
I would firstly check the rubber seal that surrounds the opening, that it is properly seated. Check if there are any obstacles preventing the door to go all the way down.

Then I would check if the latch that is on the bottom is properly adjusted. You can adjust it a bit using the appropriate torx tool.

If these do not work then maybe you have a faulty lock.

It happened to me too and fixed by adjusting the latch on the body of the car. Good luck :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts