Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I own a 2002 307 1.6 16v rapier. The alternator belt fell of due to crank pully failure so the batterys died and now the car wont start. I'm guessing the bsi has lost its memory :confused: the fob and door central locking isn't working any more also the key button on dash has a fast flashing red light the stereo when powered on has a beeping noise coming from it every 2 seconds. does any one know how to solve this problem any help would be much appreciated.....
thanks Morny.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Hi all
I own a 2002 307 1.6 16v rapier. The alternator belt fell of due to crank pully failure so the batterys died and now the car wont start. I'm guessing the bsi has lost its memory :confused: the fob and door central locking isn't working any more also the key button on dash has a fast flashing red light the stereo when powered on has a beeping noise coming from it every 2 seconds. does any one know how to solve this problem any help would be much appreciated.....
thanks Morny.
First replace the battery or charge it if you already havent done so.

Second yes looks to me like the BSI has forgot values. Your CD player is beeping at you as for some reason it is not coded correctly to the car. Will need hooking up to Peugeot Planet (a diagnostic tool used by the dealer) in order to fix/investigate further.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your response. :thumb: I've fully charged the battery and replaced the crank pulley, I will give my local peugeot dealer a call tomorrow Im guessing its going to cost quite a lot to get sorted, i was thinking of buying a lexia 3 diagnostic tool and try do it my self but most sellers says it wont work on the c5 or 307 so guessing main dealers are my only solution.....

·
Registered
343 Posts
Thanks for your response. :thumb: I've fully charged the battery and replaced the crank pulley, I will give my local peugeot dealer a call tomorrow Im guessing its going to cost quite a lot to get sorted, i was thinking of buying a lexia 3 diagnostic tool and try do it my self but most sellers says it wont work on the c5 or 307 so guessing main dealers are my only solution.....
Those sellers are idiots. Both the C5 and 307 works perfectly. I know as I have a 307 and the tool :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Really appreciate your reply mate, so with that lexia 3 diagnostic tool do you think I could solve the problem my self and save on main dealer fees? I have used diagnostics tools before, only place i can see them for sale is ebay around 70quid thanks

·
Registered
343 Posts
Really appreciate your reply mate, so with that lexia 3 diagnostic tool do you think I could solve the problem my self and save on main dealer fees? I have used diagnostics tools before, only place i can see them for sale is ebay around 70quid thanks
You could certainly do a diagnostic at the least so you can be pointed in the right direction.

I would get this tool; good price & works great with 307.

100 sold! Lexia 3 Diagbox 6.01 Citroen&Peugeot Diagnostic Interface+30 pin cable | eBay

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
I agree the 307 works fine the c5 can be problematic though but mainly early ones and your problem is down to the bsi going in the huff :)

can be sorted easily with the lexia interface and some guidance from here no need to feed the dealers :)

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
i would say on behalf of the site and users here is though; if it does go wrong when you use the Lexia device it is all down to you...not us, no matter of what you were instructed.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can only blame myself for what I do, the car only cost £200 so if i get it working :thumb: or make it worse its not a big loss thanks for the reply's

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
:thumb: i mentioned that because the Lexia device allows you to change all settings within the ECU and is very easy to mess it up to an unrecoverable state and when someone does this they get angry and try and blame someone.

Some people will believe that this site and owners are working on behalf of peugeot when in fact we just do this in our spare time and goodness out of our hearts :lol:

But glad you understand. :thumb:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've just rang the Peugeot dealer in Rugby and they said it will cost £42 half hours work to reprogramme the key they said i will need the card code that i have :thumb: so hopefully get it back up and running soon :D just got to find away to get the car there.....

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've look at the Peugeot planet owners on Google map there is 1 owner in Coventry dj206 but dont look like his been on line for over a year... also looks like his sold his as it was for sale in his posts..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all
thanks Morny.
Scrap it lol :thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ive now got the lexia diagnotics kit 2nd hand of ebay

Peugeot & Citroen Diagnostic Lead Set | eBay

version v4.2.4"actia 10.05.10 diagbox v5.2 ref serial 963830 im new to all this.... wont connect to the car comes up cant read ecu any1 know if theres a user guide for this soft ware iv installed it all properly with the discs it came with.. trying to sort out immobiliser fault on my 307 thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i go onto the diagbox click 307 then it comes up section of application.... diagbox..... peugeot plannet 2000 ..... peugeot planet diag....... peugeot planet measure....... tried clicking on all of them but no joy no the vin number does not show thanks

1 - 20 of 21 Posts