Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys! Gradually fixing my 307 one problem at a time!
The latest is stalling and misfiring (?) on start up until it's been run for about five minutes...

It's been read a couple of times and the only fault code that I think could relate is for an intermittent misfire on cylinder 4. Coil pack, sparks and injectors have all been changed although for used parts...

Any ideas as to what could be causing this?

·
5,654 Posts
Which make of plugs have you got, worth checking if throttle body is gummed up and also coolant temp sensor check it planet if possible.

·
5,654 Posts
Somewhere in the back of my mind I remember that some petrol Pugs had an issue with head gasket which manifested it's self as a cyl 4 misfire when cold. Hopefully some other member will be able to confirm/deny. May also be possible to confirm with a cold compression test

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Somewhere in the back of my mind I remember that some petrol Pugs had an issue with head gasket which manifested it's self as a cyl 4 misfire when cold. Hopefully some other member will be able to confirm/deny. May also be possible to confirm with a cold compression test
That sounds like an ominously large and costly problem! :(

·
11,725 Posts
Like I said, it could be a faulty part.

You now need a second car to check the components you bought, and get a compression test done.

Were the plugs even second hand?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
New Battery fitted- will let you know if it's fixed tomorrow morning!
Well it runs better... but it still stalls- now its whenever its damp OR cold or both.... and i live in the UK... /sigh...

Stalled at the lights twice on the way home tonight, REALLY inconvenient!

Any ideas?

Fault codes are above...

·
Registered
593 Posts
Well it runs better... but it still stalls- now its whenever its damp OR cold or both.... and i live in the UK... /sigh...

Stalled at the lights twice on the way home tonight, REALLY inconvenient!

Any ideas?

Fault codes are above...
look under bionnet for any water damaged wires, check negativewires from bat to engine, check maf sensor, crank sensor,...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
look under bionnet for any water damaged wires, check negativewires from bat to engine, check maf sensor, crank sensor,...
Thanks buddy! I put a new crank shaft sensor in recently so I can rule that one out.... I have no idea where the MAF sensor is though..? And the wiring looks solid enough at casual inspection...

·
5,654 Posts
What engine do you have, some petrol versions do not have hydraulic lifters and valve clearances need to be checked and set manually as a service item. Tight valve clearances can cause stalling when cold

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What engine do you have, some petrol versions do not have hydraulic lifters and valve clearances need to be checked and set manually as a service item. Tight valve clearances can cause stalling when cold
It's a 2002 2.0 16v GLX Automatic...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Am I right in thinking you have been getting the auto box fault message on this car?

I've had the same thing with mine and it also started to almost stall out when cold.
Have been told its because the pressure is low so it's not keeping enough revs on to idle properly.

That could be utterly wrong but mine was always in first gear when it did it and now were at the point where it barely moves and you can forget it on a hill.

If your having gearbox trouble still fix it ASAP cus it only gets worse :(

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sigh... I spent weeks messing with that damn car- in the end I just sold it and let someone else deal with it. I now live in Thailand and drive a Toyota- problem solved! :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts