Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have a 2002 307 Hdi 110 hp car that has 17" alloys fitted as standard.

I was wondering what size steel wheel I could get away with on the car for running winter tyres, I'm expecting a bit of snow up here before to long.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would if I have to. But I was just wondering what other sizes would fit. ie 15", I have heard that fitting other than the standard size it can upset the ABS system but that may not be true.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I always use this page Cheap Low Price Special Offer Alloys and Tyres from TYRESAVE to work out what i need, the smaller the wheel size the bigger sidewall you need but as long as the overall diameter is about the same as the original your speedo will be ok.
I'm new to 307's but the only thing i know to upset the abs etc is if you have different sizes front and rear as they would then turn at different speeds so the system thinks they are skidding.

·
Registered
402 Posts
17" wheels on an 307 was an option(205/50 R17) the most common wheel size was 205/55 R16, another option is 205/60 R15 or 195/65 R15 all sizes within 1%

1 - 8 of 8 Posts