Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I did little job on a 307 today. The car had been fitted with an ECU and BSI from another car and the only job i really had was programming the radio. One issue though that cropped up on a global test was the aircon.
I cannot remember the exact faults although one was no comms with BSI. I remember seeing in the BSI-climate present/not present. If the car has this-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-206-307-Air-Conditioning-AC-Climate-Control-/160457673044?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item255c05c954

then should this be present??? ( Is it single zone climate control?) or aircon?
Turning the ignition on i heard a nasty noise from the area behind the dash, almost like a motor trying to turn a stripped or broken gear, this may be why the aircon reverts to 28 degrees every time the car is turned on? ie feed back from a stepper motor possibly in the wrong position.
I have sen the repair kit for a dual zone variant bt not sure on this one.
The faults that did show only came up with Climate set to present although the aircon appeared to work with it not present also (which is how i left it)

Can anyone shed any light on this aircon issue? maybe the control panel itself is causing the reversion to 28 degrees and full fans everytime the car ignition is turned on?

·
Registered
227 Posts
The fact that full fans come on is due to the climatic bit, so would ignore that as a red herring.
Apparently the computer changes from manual to automatic operation if the air temperature has changed significantly while the car was parked, so may well be something to do with the way it records temperature (would have thought this was electronic (rather than the gear you are talking about)), I assume you can turn it back to your chosen temperature?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts