Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently been accompanied on my way to work with the Airbag Fault warning on the MFD with its light on the instrument panel..

I have been doing some searching on the net and have found a few pointers towards the Comm 2000 unit having faulty ribbon connectors etc etc i have also checked the seat belt tensioner connectors/seat bags under the seats and they look tight.. (mines a 3 door so they get alot of rag)

What i found weird is i performed a reset, disconnecting the battery following the bsi power-down procedure with a rough down time of 10 mins, and reset as instructed (turning on headlights yadda...)

the airbag light disappeared for two days!, an re-lit on my way home from work one day..
i used to be guaranteed the light on every start up, now it seems to vary journey to journey, sometimes it wont light at all...

If anyone can give me a few pointers what this could be it would be really appreciated..

Im gonna take it into the garage and get diagnostics ran on it sometime next week, in addition im pretty confident i can change the comm unit myself but any head's up on direction to a cheaper unit would be nice..
:lol:

Thanks guys...

Oh and for some reason since owned every now and then i have to turn the key 2-3 times to get a start... it just seems to misfire and stall.:confused:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not that anyone has looked or commented. i got a replacement unit, is working fine, however the replacement unit was a delphi type, replacing a dav unit, an easy way to identify the two the delphi unit has 3 alignment triangles on its bottom right..

In a nutshell the black connector on my car would not fit in the socket of the delphi unit (different mould type), i took the risk of cutting off the plastic pip that was blocking its entry and all works well (for those that have the same problem and are willing not to risk)

·
Registered
165 Posts
not that anyone has looked or commented. i got a replacement unit, is working fine, however the replacement unit was a delphi type, replacing a dav unit, an easy way to identify the two the delphi unit has 3 alignment triangles on its bottom right..

In a nutshell the black connector on my car would not fit in the socket of the delphi unit (different mould type), i took the risk of cutting off the plastic pip that was blocking its entry and all works well (for those that have the same problem and are willing not to risk)
Thanks for the tip:thumb: i have the same problem with mine and may need to swap out the com 2000. nice to know they can be interchanged.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah it seemed a little silly, but it worked and I haven't had any problems yet, the delphi units seem to be a better build quality, however the stalks are quite stiff on them and the indicator only cancels on the wheels return to 0 whereas the Dav units have a cancel trigger more often, which I've found to be slighty annoying.. Relatively easy ti change, just make sure you take the battery off in the correct order, and allow time for the airbag circuitry to discharge, you don't want it going off on its reconnection

·
Registered
1 Posts
Pete did your airbag light go off automatically after you changed the comms 2000 unit or did you need to hook it to the machine to clear the fault codes off??

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hi, yes it did although the warning light/buzzer etc did become intermittent after i did some tampering with the faulty comm 2000 unit itself, i took the unit out and measured the continuity of the ribbon cabling to find out which one was going o/c but never managed to find it... ive read somewhere that the lights can sometimes need a diagnostics computer to reset the light.
do just make sure that you follow the battery removal procedure and reconnection procedure if you do remove to do any tampering and allow time (at least 20 mins) for the airbag circuits discharge before removing them

·
Registered
24 Posts
Mine also got this faulty. Had accident last two week but air bag not deploy. Just front driver and passenger seat belt tight.

Will send to diagnose. But i don't know how much will cost me for change the part. I'm from Asia and part is very expensive plus tax 200%.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I changed my coms unit yesterday (307 HDi 90 bhp 02 plate), Ive never done anything like this before (I may have a few spanners but im not a mechanic), having used the forum many times to save myself a few quid I read all I could find on here and was a little worried about getting the wrong one for my car how ever I ended up taking a chance on one taken from an 03 plate that had just come into my local salvage/breakers yard.
I looked for the all important part number offered by those cleaver people on here who know what they are doing....couldnt find any numbers that matched the ones I was looking for :/ so bought the unit anyway as who knows when im going to see another 307 in my local breakers (been waiting over 4 months for this one). I set about working out how to take off my old unit...wasnt as hard as I thought but had to be careful with those fragile connectors and worked slow to be sure not to mess anything up!
The end result was about 40 mins of my time and I now have a working coms :)
When looking for a used coms unit I found plenty on eBay for £60 £70+ with new units upwards of £140. The one I got from my breakers was only £25 and has solved my dashboard airbag light problem.....happy days!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thankyou!!!

just wanted to say thanks and wanted to share my little success.

i too had an airbag fault, permanent fault Drivers Module level 2 - open circuit

and after reading around on the forum, including this thread :) decided to buy a comms unit in the hope of sorting it.
well i got a delphi unit from a 307 from ebay £52 inc delivery (used)

with the help of this forum, i have now fitted the replacement comms, which also required a little bit cut off the black plug that goes into the back of the unit.
so now....
:D Airbag fault gone, cleared in planet also, hasn't come back!
:D trip computer.. didnt have that before- no button on old stalk!
:D Cruise control got the stalk on the new(used) unit, enabled in planet!

so im well happy with that one, all done for £52!
Thankyou forum members

·
Registered
81 Posts
307 airbag

confused where is the comms unit located is it in the steering wheel or do i remove the wheel 1st to get at it doing in morning has mot up tomorrow and it failed on this and a back box its a 05 307 1.4hdi and when the fault is found will the light go out or need to go on planet again i dont have planet

·
Registered
8 Posts
Out of interest, what are the connectors?

Now put a Delphi one on and the black connector didn't want to fit.

The car started but ran like a bag of poo.

I took the old unit apart and there is a small pcb on the back of the black connector but doesn't seem to contact anything????

I did cut the little 'blip' off and it plugs in, car seems to run better, indicator works nice and no airbag light woohoooooo

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi

My 307cc is showing the same airbag fault. I have tracked down a new comms unit from eBay, but I've no idea on how to change them, is there a thread on this anywhere??

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Out of interest, what are the connectors?

Now put a Delphi one on and the black connector didn't want to fit.

The car started but ran like a bag of poo.

I took the old unit apart and there is a small pcb on the back of the black connector but doesn't seem to contact anything????

I did cut the little 'blip' off and it plugs in, car seems to run better, indicator works nice and no airbag light woohoooooo
that's because your car does not have esp but the comms unit you fitted has an angle sensor in it for esp

·
Registered
6 Posts
Airbag light

Im no mechanic but I changed my seat belts in front no airbags deployed airbag light still on got diagnosed read a haynes book lift cup holder up and u can see the airbag and tensioniors ecu now get one from a breakers roughly same year swap them and airbag light was gone for me happy days

·
Registered
6 Posts
I changed my coms unit yesterday (307 HDi 90 bhp 02 plate), Ive never done anything like this before (I may have a few spanners but im not a mechanic), having used the forum many times to save myself a few quid I read all I could find on here and was a little worried about getting the wrong one for my car how ever I ended up taking a chance on one taken from an 03 plate that had just come into my local salvage/breakers yard.
I looked for the all important part number offered by those cleaver people on here who know what they are doing....couldnt find any numbers that matched the ones I was looking for :/ so bought the unit anyway as who knows when im going to see another 307 in my local breakers (been waiting over 4 months for this one). I set about working out how to take off my old unit...wasnt as hard as I thought but had to be careful with those fragile connectors and worked slow to be sure not to mess anything up!
The end result was about 40 mins of my time and I now have a working coms :)
When looking for a used coms unit I found plenty on eBay for £60 £70+ with new units upwards of £140. The one I got from my breakers was only £25 and has solved my dashboard airbag light problem.....happy days!!!
i done the same i had a front impact in my 307 and changed the seatbelts in front still airbag light on got a diagnostic and still couldnt get the airbag light off i was told lift cup holder out and you can see the airbag ecu now unplug battery take 5 screws out n move centre console out abit to get access get a airbag and retentionors ecu and swap it over the 1 i got was 20 pounds from a scrapyard or breakers its held in by a 10ml spanner the round bit is easier to use once put 2geta plug battery in a happy days airbag light out and peugeot wanted 600 pound to fix this cost me 50 for front 2 seatbelts and 20 for airbag pretentioners ecu peugeot 600 pure joke hope this helps ppl save money

1 - 20 of 26 Posts