Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys and girls!

recently purchased a second hand 307, Turbo D, with 100,00 miles on the clock... 10 days into owning it, with a full car of passengers, turning the ignition the Passenger curtain Airbag decided to deploy!!!!

so with 2x def passengers and a broken car i thought i'd take it to Peugeot to fix as in my eyes it must have been a mechanical fault.

to cut a long story short.. Thames Motor Group, Tunbridge Wells, haven't been able to find the fault all they can say it " the airbags have deployed" and sent me the bill for $55... so i thought i'd have it out with Peugeot themselves and now they wont help as its old and out of warrenty!!!

SO my question really now is... how do i go about fixing this? i would like to buy the Airbags etc and do it myself but who could fit the bags and new ECU? could i do it? and how do i clear the fault? (pug want $1000 for parts alone!)

any help would be gratefully recieved!

Jamie:thumb:

·
Registered
481 Posts
Alternatively as its an old car you could wire a resistor into the head bag socket (after replacing ecu) to make the system think its there as they measure resistance to ensure it works and the airbag hasnt deployed , old old trick ;)

Airbag ECU recoding on ebay buy this guy is well recommended , mine was back to factory settings in 2 days with delivery : http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PEUGEOT-307-AIRBAG-MODULE-ECU-RESET-/170606978117?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27b8f7e445#ht_1905wt_1139He does almost every model on the road , simple plug and play.

D

·
0 Posts
You'll need an ecu or get it reset also.
Was there an airbag light on when you bought it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi,

Thanks so far! I've so far decided im going to buy what i THINK i need.

Passenger Curtain bag
ECU = or get it cleared
Head Lining

Davidireland = no there wasnt any lights on when i bought it. just one day it flashed... then went off... then a few days later; put key in ignition, with a car load and the passenger curtain went off!!!

so im going to purchase some parts i think and mend Theo the 307! :)

D

·
0 Posts
Get all the airbag wiring checked before doind anything. Pay particular attention to the wiring to the side airbags in te seats.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Did you buy the car privately or from a garage?

What country did you buy it in?

Depending on the country and purchasing laws you may be able to either return the car for a refund or have the garage repair it.

It's always worth a shot.

As for the error list it's quite simple to delete the error list if you have the right equipment prior to selling a car if you are unscrupulous enough.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts