Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

Been a while since I've posted because my car has been so reliable! :lol:

Car is - 2003 307sw estate 2.0hdi 90bhp - 99k on the clock.

After all the heat we are getting I've had my air con gas topped up - its never worked.

Its still not working after the regas. The garage said they've checked for leaks etc and was all ok. Its topped up with gas, uv and oil.

The fan at the front of the engine is working, the blowers work, the green light comes on when I turn the ac on and i get a clicking sound which i was told was the cluck on the ac unit engaging. Since listening to that sound I seem to hear it when driving - doing it by itself.

When i put the air con and blowers on, the revs do not change. I have the manual blower controls, not the digital

It sometimes blows nice and cold then goes back to normal air temp.

My exterior temp sensor is reading about 10 degrees higher than it should be but I'm sure its unrelated.

Where should I start? I've check the connection on the sensor on the ac pipe and the connection looks good. No rust etc.

Cheers

·
Registered
149 Posts
307 air con

Hi
Before going down the compressor/pressure valve route have you checked for a blocked pollen filter?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Air con has been working better today - a week on from getting it re gassed. I've just looked at the pollen filter and it was clogged with assorts. hasn't been done in years.

I've washed it and put it on the line. Is it reusable? I'll be running it without one for a while until i get a new one, any issues with doing that?

Feels nice a cold, but will it stay cold! Will have to go for a long drive now!

Ian

·
Registered
369 Posts
Just buy a new one only a few quid. If that doesn't work take it to a garage that knows about AC they should have told you what the problem was.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will grab a new one :)

Surprised the garage didn't mention it, will tell them next time I'm passing as usually pretty good!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just to let everyone searching know... it was the pollen filter that was the problem. although, not sure if running it for a week or so did anything :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts