Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi can any one help me with my 307 2001 2L hdi my air con wont come on and also i have noticed that my cooling fan is not comming on when needed. i have checked to see if cooling fan comes on when air con switched on it doesent. also checked fuses & maxi fuses these seam ok. two relays at the side of the fan look ok no water ingress. has any one had the same problem.

G

·
As Betty says - if the gas pressure is too low, the electronica will not click in the aircon compressor clutch.

Any reputable repairer will rpessure test the system before erefilling with refrigerant - no point if it does not hold pressure.

They should inject a UV dye so that you can trace the leak...

Alternativley, you may find that there is no leak as such and that the pressure has dropped low over time. All AC systems do leak to a degree... so need topped up every 3-5 years.

Just make sure its pressure tested before erefilling or you will waste your money and the planet.

David

G

·
bettyswollocks said:
Did you check/refill the gas/pressure , kwikfit does it for £25? try this first.
Its only £25 quid if you are having a service at the same time

£45 quid otherwise!

But they should check pressure levels for free for you :thumb:

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
Good point STUBBO ,

This might be worth remembering as well -

Recharge or No Charge
Let Kwik Fit recharge your Air Con while-u-wait. We will replace and recharge lubricant and refrigerant levels in line with your manufacturer’s recommendation. If we cannot improve the coolest vent temperature from your car by more than 10% when measured in degrees Celsius - then you pay nothing at all.*

* Please note if the ambient temperature around the car is less than 9 degrees Celsius it may affect the results of the AirCon recharge test results. In these circumstances, it is at the managers discretion whether to offer a refund with results less than 10%.

"Managers discretion" hope he`s in a good mood!!!!

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
BestGear said:
10% is hardly a big improvement... most folks only get the aircon serviced once it stops totally...

D
The thinking on that one was , since it was on their website if your a/c is working fine no harm them servicing it , can`t see them increasing it by 10% each time therefore it should be free ? :noidea:

But there again what is the range of the a/c and is their 10% the same as yours, maybe peeing upwind here.:whistle:

G

·
bettyswollocks said:
The thinking on that one was , since it was on their website if your a/c is working fine no harm them servicing it , can`t see them increasing it by 10% each time therefore it should be free ? :noidea:

But there again what is the range of the a/c and is their 10% the same as yours, maybe peeing upwind here.:whistle:

The trick might just be to ensure that you have the aircon on really cold before you go there, so that when they measure it, its already cold...so that once the car heats up... they work on it, then retest, there is less chance of a big improvement unless you genuinley do have a problem.

10% is not much really - think 20 degrees...10% is 2 degrees.... I am not sure you would notice that without measuring.

Big plus point si, as you highlighted, it could be a free service if everythings ok!

For them, its mainly time and oil, as they scrub the refrigerant removed, and put it back in plus new oil...

David
David

1 - 10 of 10 Posts